Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 06-25-2013, 03:26 AM   #1
hannen
hannen began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
Angry New to kindle,need help

I think you all are already tired of the ones like me (with no clue about how to handle it),so please be patient and excuse me for maybe repeating same question like many before me.I downloaded books from amazon store and everything worked fine.But when I downloaded from other sites ( kindle mobi) the download worked fine and fast (through wi-fi ,directly to the device) I can`t open the files.I can't even move them anywhere in the device.Any advice?What the problem might be and how to solve it?Thank you very much for you time and support.
hannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:04 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Where did you download the files from? Are you sure that they were in Mobi format?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:17 AM   #3
hannen

I downloaded them from digilibraries,and yes I choose Mobi format.I can't understand why they won't open or why I can`t even move them (they're not on device,nor cloud,docs...)Except from the delete option there are none.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:36 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Are the books listed on the home page? Do you get an error message when you try to open them? Or are they not showing up at all?
Old 06-25-2013, 04:51 AM   #5
hannen

They are not showing up at all.I can find them by clicking on that small icon wich features share page ,setting,downloads.But when I go to settings and try to check the downloads it says that there are none.The message when I try to open the books is "cannot open file".So far I`m clueless .Btw,I downloaded something from this forum and as well,I don`t know where that book is.Can't find it anywhere.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:59 AM   #6
hannen

I downloaded Mobipocket-guide ,and thru that a book (by mistake).Same as the previous books downloaded from digilibraries.I can`t find them anywhere on the device,can`t move them,can`t see them for easy access on carousel (or where they suppose to show up).I kind of hate this device.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:34 AM   #7
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
hannen, I can't help you directly because I don't own a Kindle Fire but maybe this thread

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157184

(for instance posts 5 and 11) will help you that you can find and read your books.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:36 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Sorry, I'd entirely overlooked that this was a Kindle Fire. I'll move this thread to the Fire forum - the OP stands a much better chance of getting help there.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:56 AM   #9
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
Have you checked in your personal documents tab as well as your books tab? If they're not listed on either tab, when you plug in the Fire and look under the personal documents folder are the files listed there? I never download non-Amazon books directly to my Kindles (always go through Calibre), but hopefully some digging around the file structures might reveal where they might be hiding.
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #10
hannen

Kimberly,yes,I looked about everywhere.I didn't know I`ll need to go through calibre as long as the books were on mobi format.And about calibre,is it just for pc(I don't have it yet,calibre I mean) ?That means I always have to connect to the pc ?Quite inconvenient for me being almost whole day out and about.But thank you all very much for your advices.Have a nice day/evening ,depending on where you all are.I`ll go searching ,maybe I`ll find something enlightening.)))
Old 06-25-2013, 10:24 AM   #11
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
Calibre is for a number of operating systems: http://calibre-ebook.com/download You can email files from Calibre directly to your Kindle, too (I do that a lot).

How are you sending the mobi files to your Kindle (emailing them?) Are you sure the sender / site is on your "approved" sender list? You have to allow which email addresses can send documents to your Kindle, so make sure they're on your allowed list under Manage Kindle on the Amazon site.
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #12
hannen

I downloaded them directly to the device.Isn't suppose to work this way?I kind of regret buying it.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:49 PM   #13
induna
Addict
induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, 505, 600, 350, T1 Amazon Kindle PW1, PW2, Voyage
Install ES File Explorer from the Amazon App store. Open it and browse to sdcard/downloads and your books are probably there. You can try to move them to Documents, but it may not work.

IMO, the easiest way to get non-Amazon content onto your Fire, is to download the .mobi files to your computer and then e-mail them to your Kindle. A little cumbersome, perhaps, but they will be in the cloud then and accessible from all your devices.
induna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:08 PM   #14
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannen View Post
I downloaded them from digilibraries,and yes I choose Mobi format.I can't understand why they won't open or why I can`t even move them (they're not on device,nor cloud,docs...)Except from the delete option there are none.
As I don't have a Kindle Fire I have no idea what could be wrong but thanks for the mention of dibilibraries. I had no idea the site existed til you mentioned it.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:47 PM   #15
hannen

Induna,thank you very much.Since last night I`m in the process of downloading the ES File Explorer.It stopped during the night because my phone turned off the wi-fi tethering.Now I started it again.I`ll let you know if something comes out of it.Crich,with much pleasure.I found others sitez as well(all from kindle users).If you want to know wich,let me know.