Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #1
flowoeB
E-Reader Sammler
flowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheese

Device: plenty...
move instead of copy when importing books?

hi,

is there the possibility to move files to the library when importing books via drag and drop to calibre instead of copying them?
so that when I add books from a folder, only the books that are not imported (e.g. when I answer no at the question to import duplicate titles) remain in the source folder? this would make my life much easyer...
regards
flowoeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:25 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowoeB View Post
is there the possibility to move files to the library when importing books via drag and drop to calibre instead of copying them?
No.

You can set up a folder that will automatically add books and delete the books from that folder. Go to Preferences - Adding books - Automatic adding tab.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2012, 04:08 AM   #3
flowoeB
E-Reader Sammler
flowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheese

thank you! I'll try this
regards
Old 09-20-2012, 04:16 AM   #4
flowoeB
E-Reader Sammler

no, it doesn't work for me, because calibre deletes all files in the directory even if they are dublicates and are not importet.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:35 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowoeB View Post
no, it doesn't work for me, because calibre deletes all files in the directory even if they are dublicates and are not importet.
I guess my original, No, stands. You might be able to request for the drop folder area to be fine tuned.

As for the original idea this has been discussed and what you want will not be added to calibre. Any deletion of books outside the calibre library has to be done by the user and will not be done by calibre.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert