Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-01-2010, 10:59 PM   #1
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
"Ether" and other Science Fiction novels by Kristine Williams

I came across this book by Kristine Williams back in March during e-book week. I’ve just now read it - and I can’t recommend it enough.

Here is the link & synopsis from Smashwords (https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/5350):
Daniel Harper found a strange key on his uncle's old farm. When he tried it on the cellar door, he found himself in the path of an oncoming car on a dark city street. He's just stepped into Ether, a world of steam powered cars and wooden ships that sail the skies. The key to going home is the key that brought him there, but he left that one back in the cellar door.

I’m not very good at reviewing books; I either like them or I don’t and I can’t really explain why. All I know is that this book flowed well, with conversations sounding natural (you know when a written conversation sounds forced - the ones here don’t). It’s a story about a world with neat features and the protagonists range all over that world and ours.

My only “complaint” (if you’d call it such) is that this appeared to be an introduction to a new world/concept. So, I was left with a lot of questions about areas and aspects in this world of Ether. It's not that the story left me with questions - there was just a lot of potential for more exploring of this world. I hope the author re-visits it again.

Regardless - it’s only $1.25 (USD) at Smashwords. I liked it enough to buy all the other books by the author, for a total of seven books of which I’ve read three: the first book in The Keeper Series (Keeper), When the Stars Walk Backward and, of course, Ether. Given the three books I’ve read, I have every expectation of also enjoying the remaining four, especially the three left in The Keeper Series (very intriguing premise).

As I said, I highly recommend all of her books. And, as a bonus - she’s just put them all on sale at Smashwords, with the exception of Ether, so you can get each book for $1 (USD).

This is sheer coincidence that this review is up at the same time she’s put her books on sale (I was just there to get the link and saw the sale), but do take advantage of it. IMNSHO, you’ll be glad you did.

Happy reading.

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote