Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-21-2009, 11:40 AM   #1
Shiren
Connoisseur
Shiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505/iPod Touch
Cover that folds completely to the back

I like holding my reader without having the front in the way. It seems to me that the PRS-505's cover was not designed to fold completely behind the device.

Is there a cover that allows me to do that?
Shiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:45 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i have heard that the cover is a bit stiff but will become more supple with use, and it's quite possible to fold it completely to the back. if it's the same as the 700 cover i confirm this : that is how i hold mine.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2009, 12:27 PM   #3
Juggle4Evr
Connoisseur
Juggle4Evr doesn't litterJuggle4Evr doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, Cybook Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiren View Post
I like holding my reader without having the front in the way. It seems to me that the PRS-505's cover was not designed to fold completely behind the device.

Is there a cover that allows me to do that?
You can try this one here:
http://www.buymedge.com/p_Sony505Ex.html

I have it, it seems to be quite sturdy and you can fold it back.
Juggle4Evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:43 PM   #4
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
I can confirm that the cover that comes with the 505 will fold completely to behind the device. That's the way I almost always held my reader when I had the cover that came with it. (I now have a light wedge cover).

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #5
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
There is the Tuff-Luv top fold cover, http://www.i-nique.com/detail.asp/d=...=5055205240633 .
There was a post on this, lemme find it... https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31687

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2009, 01:35 PM   #6
Shiren
Connoisseur
Shiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505/iPod Touch
Thanks, I will try to fold it again. I was under the impression that I was forcing it too much. I didn't want to damage the front or plastic hinge.
Shiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:47 PM   #7
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
With both the original cover and the lighted cover, I fold all the way back and there's no problem. Just work with the creases that mark the logical "hinge" and there shouldn't be any problem with the plastic mounting frame.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:55 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiren View Post
Thanks, I will try to fold it again. I was under the impression that I was forcing it too much. I didn't want to damage the front or plastic hinge.
When you say "fold all the way back" are you talking about the portion of the cover that extends to the left hand edge of the reader? If so, then this is buy design due to the way the cover attaches to the device.

Perhaps a pic of your concern?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:39 PM   #9
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I would fold mine to the back before I got my new cover. It just needs to get supple. You want to keep the plastic part (where the Reader connects) in the front though.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote