Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-10-2015, 06:25 AM   #16
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Well I went today to the Micorsoft store and pre ordered it. Surface Pro 4, i5, 256 GB, 8 GB RAM. Ordered the bundle with Teal.
What's the teal like in real life? I can only go by the pictures on the online MS store.
I have the purple SP3 cover, I'm annoyed they're not doing the new keyboard in that colour, it's a lovely shade - though I ordered that one "blind" as no physical retailers were stocking it. I'm fine with the SP3 keyboard anyway so not particularly desperate for the new one.

Quote:
I still miss the regular Menu. I'm not a fan of the Ribbon.
Same here
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 10:01 AM   #17
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's just disk storage. You can do anything with it that you can with any other disk. Do you not have an SD card slot on your PC or laptop? Most do these days.
Yes I do have a card reader in my PC and Laptop, but have never tried to install and run a program from it. Just used it to 'read' the card.
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2015, 10:06 AM   #18
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
What's the teal like in real life? I can only go by the pictures on the online MS store.
I have the purple SP3 cover, I'm annoyed they're not doing the new keyboard in that colour, it's a lovely shade - though I ordered that one "blind" as no physical retailers were stocking it. I'm fine with the SP3 keyboard anyway so not particularly desperate for the new one.
It's a nice shade. It is a dark Teal. I just popped over to MS site and on my iPad the Teal on the site looks more like a forest green. In real life it is a dark teal.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:08 AM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Yes I do have a card reader in my PC and Laptop, but have never tried to install and run a program from it. Just used it to 'read' the card.
You probably don't want to install anything on the SD card that's disk-intensive, because SD cards are very slow compared to flash memory, but they really are (other than their speed) just like any disk drive in terms of what you can use them for.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 10:31 AM   #20
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You probably don't want to install anything on the SD card that's disk-intensive, because SD cards are very slow compared to flash memory, but they really are (other than their speed) just like any disk drive in terms of what you can use them for.
Thanks Harry.
Advert
Old 10-10-2015, 10:41 AM   #21
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It's a nice shade. It is a dark Teal. I just popped over to MS site and on my iPad the Teal on the site looks more like a forest green. In real life it is a dark teal.
I might get one when they're out then - MS pics look more forest green to me too, even on a calibrated monitor.

Oh and I use the microSD as the destination drive for File History, quite handy that way.
Old 10-10-2015, 12:01 PM   #22
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I have everything I possibly can on the SDCard, I put a 128GB one in my Surface, which is also 128GB. Both drives are just under half full.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 08:07 PM   #23
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
I might get one when they're out then - MS pics look more forest green to me too, even on a calibrated monitor.

Oh and I use the microSD as the destination drive for File History, quite handy that way.
What size SD card did you end up getting. I was at Costco the other day and they had the 64 GB one. Didn't buy yet.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:09 PM   #24
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I have everything I possibly can on the SDCard, I put a 128GB one in my Surface, which is also 128GB. Both drives are just under half full.
I like that it accepts the SD card. I thought I read somewhere that the max it will accept is 128 GB, but I can't find anything on MS site that confirms this.

I can't wait to get mine. Patience is NOT one of my virtues. Lol
Old 10-10-2015, 09:05 PM   #25
Yolina
Wizard

Quote:
What size SD card did you end up getting.
128GB card
Old 10-10-2015, 09:07 PM   #26
sadievan
Wizard

Have more questions for all you Surface owners.

Do you use a screen protector?
Is one necessary?
Does the use of the Pen scratch the screen?
Old 10-10-2015, 09:12 PM   #27
Yolina
Wizard

Nope
Nope
and... Nope
Old 10-10-2015, 09:58 PM   #28
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Nope
Nope
and... Nope
Thanks Yolinda.
Old 10-11-2015, 05:34 AM   #29
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:

Is one necessary?
Yes to screen protector. I use the pen a lot which is why I got one, but not the MS one, get a third party one.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 04:54 AM   #30
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:

Is one necessary?
Yes
No
No idea

It's personal preference. I prefer a matte screen over the glossy one that seems to be the standard these days. Also, I have an app for my cat, and those cat nails are sharp!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote