Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 08:09 AM   #121
giosa
Connoisseur
giosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Sony PRS T1
@Morkl

Is it possible to write a small guide how to change stock font in PRS T1. That's all I need. I need a reader soft to see Unicode, without adding @face statements to ebooks. I don't want to mess with installing modified reader soft, though I appreciate the work you've done.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:26 AM   #122
Morkl
Connoisseur
Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkophilus View Post
I copy the apk file (to /mnt/sdcard/Android/downloads but it really doesn't matter as long as you can find it again) and then click on the file in Root Explorer. That then does a normal android install. You do need to enable "Unknown Sources" in the Apps section of the Android Settings. This only needs to be done once.

You do need to copy any directories (as per the readme.txt) just like normal.

Cheers,
Simon.
Thanks for confirming that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by giosa View Post
@Morkl

Is it possible to write a small guide how to change stock font in PRS T1. That's all I need. I need a reader soft to see Unicode, without adding @face statements to ebooks. I don't want to mess with installing modified reader soft, though I appreciate the work you've done.
You need to change either the CSS definitions or swap the font files. I don't know of another way to change the CSS without using a modified Reader app, and the internal fonts are stored on a read-only file system.

I guess "mount --bind"-ing files on the SD card on top of the internal ones might work, but I haven't tried it myself and can't try it out right now as I'm at work and my device is at home.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:39 AM   #123
prst1
prst1 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkl View Post
What app is it? Can you post the AndroidManifest.xml?
I downloaded a apk for a kindle app that I want to install. How do I find the .xml for it?
Old 01-27-2012, 10:41 AM   #124
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
-- deleted --

Last edited by jackie_w; 01-27-2012 at 03:24 PM. Reason: not helpful
Old 01-27-2012, 10:47 AM   #125
prst1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
You can open the .apk with your usual unzip utility, but this may not be the official or best way.
What is the best way?
Old 01-27-2012, 11:11 AM   #126
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prst1 View Post
What is the best way?
Well, if I knew that... Not being an Android guru, I don't know, but there are probably all sorts of apk tools available to developers.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:13 AM   #127
giosa
Connoisseur
giosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkl View Post
internal fonts are stored on a read-only file system.
Yes, I tried to swap fonts but system didn't allowed me. I tried one of the apps on the market to do that, but those apps require busybox and NAND unlock, I don't know how to do that. I've minimal zeam rooted PRS T1.

What you would suggest?
Old 01-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #128
m3l7d0wN
Zealot
m3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisem3l7d0wN juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Quote:
Originally Posted by prst1 View Post
What is the best way?
Code:
<customAppDefinition name="app_kindle" title="Kindle">
				<iconNormal>ic_kindle.png</iconNormal>
				<iconPressed>ic_kindle.png</iconPressed>
				<componentName package="com.amazon.kindle" class="com.amazon.kindle.UpgradePage" />
				<intentAction>android.intent.action.MAIN</intentAction>
				<intentCategory>android.intent.category.LAUNCHER</intentCategory>
			</customAppDefinition>
btw, use this to extract the apk

Code:
apktool d package.apk
download it from here: http://code.google.com/p/android-apktool/
Old 01-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #129
prst1

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3l7d0wN View Post
Code:
<customAppDefinition name="app_kindle" title="Kindle">
				<iconNormal>ic_kindle.png</iconNormal>
				<iconPressed>ic_kindle.png</iconPressed>
				<componentName package="com.amazon.kindle" class="com.amazon.kindle.UpgradePage" />
				<intentAction>android.intent.action.MAIN</intentAction>
				<intentCategory>android.intent.category.LAUNCHER</intentCategory>
			</customAppDefinition>
so much!!!!
Old 01-27-2012, 03:26 PM   #130
Rheingold
Rheingold began at the beginning.

Hi,

Quote:
I copy the apk file (to /mnt/sdcard/Android/downloads but it really doesn't matter as long as you can find it again) and then click on the file in Root Explorer. That then does a normal android install. You do need to enable "Unknown Sources" in the Apps section of the Android Settings. This only needs to be done once.

You do need to copy any directories (as per the readme.txt) just like normal.
Thanks for Your advice - I have done so and the reader seems to work
When I want to change something, like the refresh, I have to do it in ther reader.xml in the special reader directory - is that correct? There is no special menu or something others? It's no problem, but the first time I didn't noticed this reader.xml and so I thought the mod-reader was not really working
Old 01-27-2012, 05:24 PM   #131
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheingold View Post
Thanks for Your advice - I have done so and the reader seems to work
When I want to change something, like the refresh, I have to do it in ther reader.xml in the special reader directory - is that correct? There is no special menu or something others? It's no problem, but the first time I didn't noticed this reader.xml and so I thought the mod-reader was not really working
That's correct. Hopefully it's on Morkl's todo list to add functionality to change these settings inside the app, but for now you need to edit the xml directly.

Cheers,
Simon.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:51 PM   #132
giosa
Connoisseur

@Morkl,

When you plan to release update for the Ebookreader?
If I edit reference to external fonts in xml file by changing /mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts to /mnt/extsd/reader/fonts and put fonts folder on microSD will it work?
Old 01-29-2012, 09:29 AM   #133
vietchovui
Zealot
vietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS T1, Kobo Forma 8G, Kobo Libra H2O
I added the gentium book basic font ( a unicode supported font) to the reader.xml file and I did exactly what the readme say a to install the modified version of ebookreader. But I was unable to choose the gentium font (the is no dropbox to choose). How can I solve this prob?
Old 01-29-2012, 10:25 AM   #134
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietchovui View Post
I added the gentium book basic font ( a unicode supported font) to the reader.xml file and I did exactly what the readme say a to install the modified version of ebookreader. But I was unable to choose the gentium font (the is no dropbox to choose). How can I solve this prob?
Please post your reader.xml contents.
In which T1 directory did you store the gentium fonts?
What do you see when you press Menu - Font - Selected Font Type from within a book?
Old 01-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #135
Morkl
Connoisseur
Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Yes, I tried to swap fonts but system didn't allowed me. I tried one of the apps on the market to do that, but those apps require busybox and NAND unlock, I don't know how to do that. I've minimal zeam rooted PRS T1.

What you would suggest?
Not really my area of expertise, I'm afraid. The way I've chosen to change fonts is the modified Reader.

Quote:
That's correct. Hopefully it's on Morkl's todo list to add functionality to change these settings inside the app, but for now you need to edit the xml directly.

Cheers,
Simon.
Yep, that's the plan.

Quote:
@Morkl,

When you plan to release update for the Ebookreader?
If I edit reference to external fonts in xml file by changing /mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts to /mnt/extsd/reader/fonts and put fonts folder on microSD will it work?
I haven't had time to do any work since the last weekend because of work and relatives visiting, so the next update will take some more time than I had hoped.

I can't see why putting the fonts on extsd shouldn't work,

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietchovui View Post
As jackie_w said, the contents of the configuration file and a description of what you see and expect to see helps a lot when trying to figure out what's wrong!
Closed Thread