Jim Taylor began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600
Book Cover

Just wondering if the cover with light used with PRS505 would fit the PRS 600
Jim Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:50 AM   #2
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
I've tried the regular 505-cover on my 600 and it didn't fit. The 505 cover is thinner than the 600, so I would think this goes for the light cover, too.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2010, 03:50 AM   #3
Jim Taylor

Thanks for that.
Saw one advertised but wasn't sure it would be suitable.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:05 AM   #4
Juggle4Evr
Connoisseur
Juggle4Evr doesn't litterJuggle4Evr doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, Cybook Opus
I have an m-edge executive jacket and it fits both my PRS-505 and PRS-600. I think the difference in size is minimal.
Juggle4Evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:58 AM   #5
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Well I saw that the 600 cover will fit the 505, because I was looking for a replacement, but I'm not sure if there is any difference like in thickness or something. I would think it pretty much the same.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2010, 08:28 AM   #6
JanetCinNC
Groupie
JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650 in red, Sony PRS-600 in red, Sony PRS-505 in red, iPad 2
The lighted cover for the 505 won't fit the 600. The lightwedge in the 505 cover doesn't line up properly with the screen in the 600. And the lightwedge cover would cover up the touch screen on the 600 even if it would fit. I know - I tried it.
JanetCinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:25 AM   #7
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
With the light and the Reader in the cover at the same time it will not line up properly. You can remove the light and lay it on top of the 600 screen and it will fit perfectly but since the 600 is a touch screen the light will be touching that touch screen layer and you will see lots of unintended page turns and dictionary lookups.

Basically the 505 lighted cover is not for the use on the 600.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:06 PM   #8
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Well I saw that the 600 cover will fit the 505, because I was looking for a replacement, but I'm not sure if there is any difference like in thickness or something. I would think it pretty much the same.
It actually looks very similar, and the 600 cover fits the 505. But the other way round, it won't work. The distance of the center of the 2 pins to the plastic that connects the 2 pins is smaller on the 505 cover (just talking Sony covers here). So even the slight difference in thickness of the readers prevents using the 505 cover on the 600, I've tried it.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:05 PM   #9
JanetCinNC
Groupie
JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually, you can use the 505 covers on the 600. Again, I know because I tried it. I had my 600 in the original brown cover that came with my 505 reader for a few weeks. It is difficult to get the 600 to fit in those pins, but it can be done. I had to stretch them so much I was afraid I'd break the pins before I got the 600 in there, but it made it. I wouldn't suggest using the 505 cover for a 600 if you like to take your reader in and out of the case a lot.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:13 AM   #10
Jim Taylor

Thanks to all those who responded to this post.
The info received was very helpful in my decision not to purchase the 505 cover
Old 02-12-2010, 02:19 PM   #11
noname2009
noname2009 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS600

what do you guys recommend: Sony cover with light or M-edge with e-luminator? Prices are almost the same, don't know the lighting which one is better.
noname2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:44 PM   #12
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
In another thread the consensus seemed to be:

http://www.amazon.com/Mighty-Bright-...=1D5E4AJJHL8FS
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:22 PM   #13
JanetCinNC
Groupie

Well, to answer the question

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname2009 View Post
what do you guys recommend: Sony cover with light or M-edge with e-luminator? Prices are almost the same, don't know the lighting which one is better.
I've tried both of these, and I vote for the M-Edge case and the e-Luminator2. The M-Edge case has much brighter LEDs than the Sony case. The Sony wasn't able to completely illuminate the entire page even at the high setting. The M-Edge light completely lights the whole page even at the dimmer setting.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:05 AM   #14
noname2009
noname2009 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS600

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetCinNC View Post
I've tried both of these, and I vote for the M-Edge case and the e-Luminator2. The M-Edge case has much brighter LEDs than the Sony case. The Sony wasn't able to completely illuminate the entire page even at the high setting. The M-Edge light completely lights the whole page even at the dimmer setting.
Thanks Janet. I bought the cover and the light today from m-edge.
noname2009 is offline   Reply With Quote