Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-01-2009, 03:18 PM   #1
Stacey34
Connoisseur
Stacey34 doesn't litterStacey34 doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505 (Red)
Making sure I have the right info

I am traveling about an hour or so from my home on Saturday to the library in Fremont, OH to get a library card so I can access the Clevnet site. This is the Cleveland Library based digital website. They have epub books.
Before I make the drive there I wanted to make sure that this is the format I want. Right now I have downloaded books from a library closer to home but they are the pdf format. The spacing and the combining of conversations is too confusing at times for me. I want to enjoy my reading, not have to think too much about it. Lol! I keep it on the small text setting and if I continue to read text this small I will need stronger glasses very soon!
If I understand it right the epub format fits itself to the size of the screen that it is being put on. Is this right? I want it to be like when I download a book from the Sony site. Fits the screen perfectly no matter what size font I have it on.
Thanks for the help!
Stacey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:10 PM   #2
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
I'm still learning.. but I can say that epub is a compatible format with the 505.
I'm sure others will chime in with more details regarding epub.
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2009, 05:11 PM   #3
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
epub is just as easy to get on your machine as pdf is. To download epub, you just do it the same way you do pdf library books using ADE.

Interestingly enough, a few of the epubs I downloaded are larger font sizes (more like sony books) and a few are more like PDF (smaller font size). When I increase the font size, it seems to work just fine still, in my limited experience playing around with it. It doesn't seem to skip any words or miss any parts of the page. I haven't played around with it too much yet, but pdf isn't too much of a problem for me. Although I have no trouble with the smaller font of many pdf, I do feel like it's a treat when I get to read books with larger font, more like sony's.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote