Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-27-2012, 05:39 AM   #34561
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Going over some photos I took yesterday on my walk. This is part of the Kiyomisudera temple complex on the Higashiyama mountainside overlooking Kyoto. That's Kyoto in the background.

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kyomis5.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	307.3 KB
ID:	92932  
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:45 AM   #34562
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Pretty pic!
I am flossing my teeth. Which I don't like doing because my teeth are very close together and it makes my gums hurt. But not as much as it did before I had my teeth cleaned by the dentist.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:31 AM   #34563
Russell Brooks
Fanatic
Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
waking up and then I'll be writing.
Russell Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:46 AM   #34564
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Sitting in a very quiet office, drinking a cup of tea, wishing I was home in bed.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:22 AM   #34565
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Going over some photos I took yesterday on my walk. This is part of the Kiyomisudera temple complex on the Higashiyama mountainside overlooking Kyoto. That's Kyoto in the background.

Stitchawl
Beautiful! I love the way you frame photos, Stitch.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:51 PM   #34566
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Beautiful! I love the way you frame photos, Stitch.
Thanks. I give all the credit to the N.Y. School of Photography's course. The teachers really stressed natural frames and leading lines.

Stitchawl
Old 09-27-2012, 08:20 PM   #34567
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Right now - waiting for a remote computer to reboot so I can go back in and try to get it to recognise a television as a monitor! *sigh* The old monitor died and was connected with DVI, and the TV is connected with DVI, but the bloody computer thinks there is a monitor connected with VGA! and it is giving me no choice to change.....

And I am a thousand miles away and the stress levels at the site are flowing over....

Making another cup of green tea and taking breaths.......

Hopefully a reboot with the TV connected with help sort stuff out!.

Did I forget to mention that the dead monitor is only two months old and that the truck has left town therefore it is too late to load a replacement?
Old 09-28-2012, 01:11 AM   #34568
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Deep breaths, take deep breaths.

It's so hard when you can't be right there and be so far out that you have to rely on other people and delivery times, too.

Hang in there, SS.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:49 AM   #34569
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

thanks dreams. All is OK now. It appears that the broken monitor is working again. But unbeknowns to me the monitor on the other computer also failed and they are using an old one that has a crease in it. Anyway no rushing, but I think two new monitors will be going out there soon.

On a good note - several weeks ago I bought a present for my friend/boss out there and it had been sitting in the post office in town (630 k's away) for the past few weeks. It has finally been collected and should be out there tonight(I love online parcel tracking). I hope she finds the box and opens it. I wanted it to be a surprise.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:59 PM   #34570
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Coveting a really nice, adjustable in height, drawing board. I now have a very basic drawing board which I prop up on various items on my desk depending on what angle I want it to be, but which is always somewhat wobbly. Of course it isn't available in the Netherlands (when it comes to drawing accessories and helpful tools I think we still live in the dark ages). I've emailed a British online art supply store that sells it asking if they ship to the Netherlands and how much it costs.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:20 PM   #34571
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Snuggling up in my recliner with a cat & my Kindle - listening to the rain whilst reading Henry James' short stories. Dark & rainy & stormy all day long.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:46 PM   #34572
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Waiting for the typhoon to hit...

Stitchawl
Old 09-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #34573
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Bleechy. Charge your toys
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #34574
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Waiting for the typhoon to hit...

Stitchawl
Stay high and dry, Stichy.

Listening to the remnants of Hurricane Mariam on our roof now. We're getting a good soaking.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:28 PM   #34575
Stitchawl
Opsimath

I think all we'll get here will be some wind and rain. Not even heavy rain, at that. The storm seems to be tracking to the south-east of us. We're making plans to go out shopping...

Stitchawl

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?