Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-09-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
sticker
sticker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Paperwhite: ssh page turn?

Has anyone worked out how to turn pages from the shell via ssh? I've experimented with some incantations of lipc-set-prop trying to send a message to the reader. i.e.

Code:
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.acxreader gotoPosition 1234
and so on, but no luck. Any ideas?
sticker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
hmm. I seem to recall that I have some apps that can "pretend" to send keypresses.

If you have no joy natively I will have a hunt about
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #3
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sticker View Post
Has anyone worked out how to turn pages from the shell via ssh? I've experimented with some incantations of lipc-set-prop trying to send a message to the reader. i.e.

Code:
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.acxreader gotoPosition 1234
and so on, but no luck. Any ideas?
I don't *think* that there is any easy command-line way (but I may be wrong) - most of the reader logic seems to be hardcoded inside the Java classes.

twobob's idea of simulating taps may be the most promising approach.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #4
sticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
hmm. I seem to recall that I have some apps that can "pretend" to send keypresses.

If you have no joy natively I will have a hunt about
Thanks, I found this http://www.fabiszewski.net/kindle-untouchable/ and tried modifying it without any luck so far.

Would be great if you find something that works. I'm not sure if sending PgUp/PgDown keyboard symbols would work on the Paperwhite - of course MouseEvents would though. Something like xdotool would work if it's compilable, although that's overkill.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #5
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

okay. I will have a think.

I have xdotool for all the kindles (in fact I have post in up here somewheres)
if that is all you need to solution is already posted.

if not let me know what you want.

Last edited by twobob; 12-09-2012 at 08:23 PM. Reason: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2269614&postcount=39
Advert
Old 12-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #6
twobob

bit of extra info. I think you only actually need to reference the xdotool lib - the x11r6 one is native IIRC.
HTH
Old 12-10-2012, 09:54 AM   #7
sticker

Thanks, xdotool works perfectly.

Code:
xdotool mousemove 500 500 click 1
Old 12-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #8
twobob

ta da

send flowers
Old 12-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #9
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
ta da

send flowers
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #10
twobob

Ah thanks My favourite!!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #11
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Ah thanks My favourite!!!
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
*slides down a slide*
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote