Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #1
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Nexus 7?

I hope this is not off Topic, however I am thinking about a Nexus 7... I was originally holding out for Nook Tablet HD.. I have Nook Glo, iPad 2, Kindle Fire etc.. but want something new and the best.. I also want a 7" screen for reading Magazines and Newspaper's with the Color .. I hear the Nexus 7 with Google Chrome, and all the apps is the next thing to sliced bread.. what are your UNBIASED opinons..
P.S.. I have heard the Nook app for Nexus 7 is a problem..
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:04 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Your thread has been moved to a more appropriate forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2012, 09:14 AM   #3
lettuceman44
lettuceman44 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lettuceman44 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lettuceman44 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lettuceman44 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lettuceman44 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lettuceman44 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lettuceman44 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lettuceman44 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lettuceman44 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lettuceman44 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lettuceman44 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The Nexus 7 is a great device, and possible the best 7" tablet out there.

But I must admit, the new Nook tablets are looking pretty good.

So it depends on what you want. If you want full android, nexus 7. If you are just going to consume media on it, then a nook tablet or even a fire hd would be great because they have a higher resolution screen.

Personally I'd get a nexus 7 because I'd be able to do more with it. The Nook would have to be rooted to do the same. But again, it all depends what your priority is.

Last edited by lettuceman44; 10-10-2012 at 09:36 AM.
lettuceman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #4
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettuceman44 View Post
The Nexus 7 is a great device, and possible the best 7" tablet out there.

But I must admit, the new Nook tablets are looking pretty good.

So it depends on what you want. If you want full android, nexus 7. If you are just going to consume media on it, then a nook tablet or even a fire hd would be great because they have a higher resolution screen.

Personally I'd get a nexus 7 because I'd be able to do more with it. The Nook would have to be rooted to do the same. But again, it all depends what your priority is.
Thanks.. I thought about waiting for the new Nook HD.. torn between the two..
Old 10-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #5
darksaber35
Banned
darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a dead as PARROT Kindle keyboard 3G,NEXUS 7 and Proud Of It
Nook HD has no- web cam,GPS with google maps ,no USB host so you can connect USB devices. NO google play store 500,000 ++ Apps (2nd largest in the world) NO SIDE loading of Apps NO access to other App or book stores.

With the Nexus 7 you have all that + you can expand the memory using a very cheap App $2.99 & a OTG cable so you can connect USB memory sticks,cards or hard drives for unlimited storage to your nexus 7.

NO ROOTING NEEDED
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...importer&hl=en

Google play store has lots of apps that are FREE that other App stores like Amazon and B&N charge for.So if you have a device to access the google play store you can save yourself more money.

Amazon $2.99 Bad Piggies HD version
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...d_i=1000663181

Google play $0.00 Bad Piggies HD version
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...aWdnaWVzSEQiXQ..

B&N $2.99
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/bad-...=2940043924636
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0074.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	545.5 KB
ID:	93827  

Last edited by darksaber35; 10-10-2012 at 10:37 AM.
darksaber35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #6
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
One issue early on especially is the build quality. I had no such issue with mine personally and therefore could easily recommend a purchase with the features at your fingertips other tablets even costing more don't have.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #7
MrDoug
Banned

Thanks folks.. I just picked my Nexus 7 last nite.. awesome so far.. I have never used Android before.. so lots of learning ahead., and fun stuff for me.. I old Window and Mac guy.. oh, I did download Nook for Nexus and working perfect so far.. fingers crossed..
More Later,
Doug