Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-22-2012, 01:08 AM   #1
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Reading Light

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good clip on reading light? The one I do have atm is quite clunky.

I don't mind buying from overseas.

MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:33 AM   #2
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Mighty Bright has some that work. www.mightybright.com.

I picked up their Hammerhead design at Costco, and while not perfect, is the best I've seen that grabs onto the Touch well without getting too much in the way. And it produces a very nice light pattern for reading.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2012, 05:41 AM   #3
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
I should add I have my kobo in a cover most of the time so something to grab on to the cover as well.

Quote:
Mighty Bright has some that work. www.mightybright.com.

I picked up their Hammerhead design at Costco, and while not perfect, is the best I've seen that grabs onto the Touch well without getting too much in the way. And it produces a very nice light pattern for reading.
Thanks.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:24 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
There is another thread over in General Discussions Page Illumination

As I mention I am happy with LightWedge and the Verso Arc
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:46 AM   #5
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What I'd really like is something like a headphone jack on the top edge, attached to the internal battery. Then you could have a LED on a simple stiff, but bendable cable that plugs into it.
Advert
Old 07-25-2012, 04:33 AM   #6
murg
No Comment

I was checking out the Japanese Kobo page, and came across the following light, from Kobo.

Approx US$32.

This is the Bing translated page:

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b...01281088005%2F
Old 07-26-2012, 04:18 AM   #7
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
I purchased the http://www.mightybright.com/eReader-...-eReader-Light and am reasonably happy with it. In particular because I insist on AAA batteries as those are relatively cheap and easier to find.

Then I purchased a Vox when it came out. That has been my preferred solution instead of the LED light when in dim lighting situations.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:48 AM   #8
murg
No Comment

It looks like the XtraFlex2 and the Hammerhead have the same base.