Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-26-2011, 08:51 AM   #76
know-one
Connoisseur
know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kOBO
HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS NEW FIRMWARE WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS HEAVEN ON EARTH - THE SECOND COMING OF JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CAN MAKE MY CBRS BIGGER TOO, AND CHANGE THE ORIENTATION OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KOBO PEOPLE I AM ON MY KNEES THANKING YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KOBO WAS A GOLD MEDAL - NOW IT'S A DIAMOND MEDAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
know-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:47 AM   #77
Cottser
Enthusiast
Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch
Since nobody else is chiming in: I took the plunge and page turning speed seems fine, tested sideloaded epub and kepub, neither on an SD card.

This release also fixes the minor but annoying bug of shortlist books having both "add to shortlist" and "remove from shortlist" menu items.

I like the annotation features, to me this device getting better and better. Cheers to the Kobo team and developers!
Cottser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2011, 10:56 AM   #78
Atilla
Addict
Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 3 3G, Kobo Touch, Playbook, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by know-one View Post
HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS NEW FIRMWARE WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS HEAVEN ON EARTH - THE SECOND COMING OF JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CAN MAKE MY CBRS BIGGER TOO, AND CHANGE THE ORIENTATION OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KOBO PEOPLE I AM ON MY KNEES THANKING YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KOBO WAS A GOLD MEDAL - NOW IT'S A DIAMOND MEDAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Display your .cbr file in landscape mode and select fit to width.
Now tell us if you can move page up or down with your finger.

You are most welcome
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:14 PM   #79
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
I am agreeing with know-one. This latest release is quite amazing!
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:50 PM   #80
psy65
Enthusiast
psy65 doesn't litterpsy65 doesn't litter

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJames View Post
So what about the page-turn performance issue with 1.9.14 that was mentioned earlier in this thread? Was that just an anomaly for a few people?
I have the same problem: page turns seems slower with this firmware.

And i still have the double tap issue. I tap the screen once but it goes forward 2 pages.

Is kobo looking into those issues?

thanks
psy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2011, 02:15 PM   #81
viduliya
viduliya began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by markemark View Post
I'd also like to thank the developers for this release. The KT just keeps getting better and better!

But I'm also still seeing this issue with my Transcend 8g class 6 card. The strange thing I tested a version that mostly fixed the issue, but has regressed again in the new release.
Yes, I also tested a firmware beta version after 1.9.12 that mostly fixed the SD issues. It is too bad that fix did not seem to make it to 1.9.14.
viduliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 02:51 PM   #82
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
I don't think this is unique to this release, but I found myself able to download an epub directly from Project Gutenberg and it worked right away. No fancy cover, but who cares? I was tickled pink.
Yes, and you can also set Calibre up as a server and download ebooks wirelessly to your Kobo.

I'm another person who doesn't keep their entire collection of ebooks on their device. I do have a lot of books on there, but don't need to carry around that many books that I need an SD card. Downloading wirelessly from Calibre (when I remember to leave the program running!) helps in a pinch when I want a book I don't have on the device.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:45 PM   #83
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Would it slow my touch having 80 odd books on it?
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:59 PM   #84
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by psy65 View Post
And i still have the double tap issue. I tap the screen once but it goes forward 2 pages.
I've occasionally seen that happen as well although I'm not sure about the current firmware release. It seems like the Touch is frozen for a second or so. I then tap again and it quickly goes forward two pages.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 06:19 PM   #85
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Thanks for all your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdclements View Post
Replied. We'll keep this off-thread now.
Although it did not resolve the issue. I do appreaceate your time. I guess since the card is good I will just use it in a dif device and wait till the time that KOBO makes sure that the lexar product line is once again supported.

For those that need to know it was lexar 8 gig memory card, and the card that works is the sandisk 4 gig memory card.

regards

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 06:21 PM   #86
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can anyone tell me when the desktop software started showing the cover page of the book it currently is trasfering over? Was this there before or is this a new feature as well?

regards

jack
Old 11-26-2011, 07:14 PM   #87
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by viduliya View Post
Yes, I also tested a firmware beta version after 1.9.12 that mostly fixed the SD issues. It is too bad that fix did not seem to make it to 1.9.14.
Too bad that you did not share that with the beta group over the weeks and weeks we were testing various .14 builds. From what I can tell none of the people who were testing and talking abut the builds experienced SD card problems.

It is not unusual for new things to have unintended consequences--including ones that appear to be the same as earlier problems that were thought to be solved. I know that some people joined the beta group only to be able to get the build that fixed a particular problem that was driving them nuts. I am not saying this was true for viduliya, of course. However, it really is important that folks who beta actively participate throughout the process if we are to help Kobo understand what real people in the real world with real devices are experiencing.

Last edited by taming; 11-26-2011 at 07:19 PM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:54 PM   #88
psy65
Enthusiast
psy65 doesn't litterpsy65 doesn't litter

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyToews View Post
I've occasionally seen that happen as well although I'm not sure about the current firmware release. It seems like the Touch is frozen for a second or so. I then tap again and it quickly goes forward two pages.
that's exactly what happens to me. I find this behavior a bit annoying

Now i know i'm not the only one with the issue
psy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:23 PM   #89
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
However Tony is not saying he is sure about seeing it now, with the new update.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:01 PM   #90
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Too bad that you did not share that with the beta group over the weeks and weeks we were testing various .14 builds. From what I can tell none of the people who were testing and talking abut the builds experienced SD card problems.

It is not unusual for new things to have unintended consequences--including ones that appear to be the same as earlier problems that were thought to be solved. I know that some people joined the beta group only to be able to get the build that fixed a particular problem that was driving them nuts. I am not saying this was true for viduliya, of course. However, it really is important that folks who beta actively participate throughout the process if we are to help Kobo understand what real people in the real world with real devices are experiencing.
I think the reason that this issue is not apparent is due largely to the fact that that most people dont use a sd card to store their books.
I looked forward to the release and was disapointed as my lexar card (8 gigs) was still not being recognized. I solved the problem by buying a dif card.

I have a huge library and want to have all my books on the device achievable only by using an sd card and sideloading. This is important to be able to do as if there is an issue and there has been a few, that require a restore to factory and reload of books.. the books in main memory are wiped and the books in sd storage remain intact, allowing those books to be reloaded imediatly

regards

jack