Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you think an iPad Mini will ship this year?
I believe it is for real, and I want one 32 35.16%
I believe it is for real, not interested in one 45 49.45%
I don't think it is coming soon, but I'm interested 6 6.59%
I don't think it is coming soon, not interested 6 6.59%
I will only get one if it blends 2 2.20%
Other (explain in post) 0 0%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2012, 02:04 AM   #1
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
iPad Mini: Do You Believe?

Thought it would be fun to run a poll on this.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #2
rlowe
Enthusiast
rlowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rlowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rlowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rlowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rlowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rlowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rlowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rlowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rlowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rlowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rlowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3; Kindle DX
Voted for "I believe it is for real, and I want one". An iPad with smaller screen would be perfect thing for me: lighter, smaller (of course) that will much easier to hold while I'm reading news & books.

Last edited by rlowe; 10-07-2012 at 10:12 AM.
rlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #3
Marc_liest
Early Adopter
Marc_liest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marc_liest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marc_liest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marc_liest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marc_liest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marc_liest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marc_liest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marc_liest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marc_liest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marc_liest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marc_liest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: einige
Time to believe?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ipad.jpeg
Views:	489
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	93585  
Marc_liest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:52 AM   #4
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Hope so, would be grwat for reading, if its 7", not 7.9 as hoas been reported in some places
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have enough tablets for now, so I'm not interested.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:44 PM   #6
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
http://news.yahoo.com/ipad-mini-desi...145009157.html
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:21 AM   #7
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
I am interested by the idea of a smaller tablet, though I'm not going to buy one now. I just got a new iPad and I love it. But when it's time to get a new one, I will certainly consider the smaller size. I carry my iPad everywhere with me, and while at home the larger screen is very comfortable, on the road it would be nice to have a smaller one. But then it would be a bit small for some web sites and for painting. Choices, choices.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:57 AM   #8
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think I would get one just for reading, if the price is OK. I find the new ipad just beautiful but for reading... nope. For everything else, great. If the price is too high, I'll be going android for reading.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:00 PM   #9
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

I guess Jobs was not a fan of styluses but at some point I think Apple will want to add more expressive 'digitizing' than is currently possible (like Samsung Note 'S pen' etc.). I could see that working really well for this iPad, and it would set it apart from the other 7" tablets.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:37 PM   #10
injapan
Addict
injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11, Kobo Arua 2 and iPad Air 3
I think its for real, but I have the new ipad (3) so I am fine for a while.
I have to admit I do like the size of the original ipad for surfing and general reading.
I am sure you could get used to a smaller size (ipad mini) but I think it only suit those who do a lot of moving/travelling. Sure the ipad is a little heavy (??) and is bigger than the mini but that has advantages too (better screen, bigger display so easuer to read, navigate)
its 50/50 and I am sure the mini won't be half the price, I am sure there won't be a huge difference in price! (the mini won't be cheap)

But good on Apple for making it, I am sure it will suit some people ....... but I won't be one of them

Last edited by injapan; 10-10-2012 at 08:40 PM.
injapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:39 AM   #11
kyteflyer
Wizard

*If* the price is reasonably placed between ipod and ipad, I'll probably get one, and do away with my iPad 3. I want to believe its coming, I hear enough rumours that it is, so by the end of the month, I guess we will know for sure. Its something I wont pre-order, but I will be looking to go hands on to see if its right for me. 7.85" could be a good compromise between the 7" androids and my current ipad.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:48 AM   #12
Beryl
Enthusiast
Beryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlowe View Post
Voted for "I believe it is for real, and I want one". An iPad with smaller screen would be perfect thing for me: lighter, smaller (of course) that will much easier to hold while I'm reading news & books.
Agreed. Love my iPad and regular Kindle but I want something smaller and in color for reading and such. It will be either the Mini. The Nexus 7 or a Kindle HD.
Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #13
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

I think Apple would not be Apple if they didn't do something with this that was more than just shrinking iPad3.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #14
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Yes, it is real. The amount of leaks is more than enough proof for me. Apart of the iPhone 5, there hasn't been as many leaks for any Apple product before, and usually they come true for much less.

No, I don't want one. The 9,7" model is perfect for PDF's, and I want an eBook for reading normal books.

Last edited by David Munch; 10-11-2012 at 03:28 PM.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:39 PM   #15
injapan
Addict
injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11, Kobo Arua 2 and iPad Air 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
*If* the price is reasonably placed between ipod and ipad, I'll probably get one, and do away with my iPad 3. I want to believe its coming, I hear enough rumours that it is, so by the end of the month, I guess we will know for sure. Its something I wont pre-order, but I will be looking to go hands on to see if its right for me. 7.85" could be a good compromise between the 7" androids and my current ipad.
do away with the ipad3? wow, thats only a few months ago!
you must be rich!
LOL

if its any good I can wait, I have ipad3 and I like it, a little heavy etc but its 50/50
injapan is offline   Reply With Quote