Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-19-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Helllooooo out there!!

Did anyone actually miss me?? At all?? Anyone??????

(sound of crickets chirping)
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Well .... did you hear this? https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=62
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2012, 08:59 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
I MISSED YOU RM!!!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #4
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Of course I missed you. You not being here is why I usually only lurk occasionally.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:45 PM   #5
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I absolutely missed you, of course. I was worried you were done in by another multiwheeled monster vehicle of some sort. Welcome back! Put your feet up. Stay a spell.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2012, 09:46 PM   #6
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Of course I missed you. You not being here is why I usually only lurk occasionally.
And hello to you, too! I thought you had deserted (desserted?) us as well. I hope retirement is going well for you.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:53 PM   #7
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
And hello to you, too! I thought you had deserted (desserted?) us as well. I hope retirement is going well for you.
Too many new, young, energetic folks so I mostly just lurk. Occasionally I see something I respond to. Keep up with some friends here but am remiss in my social skills.

Good to be missed though.

It's not like the old days when ereaders were fairly new and we all were just learning how to optimize them.

Last edited by slayda; 12-19-2012 at 09:58 PM.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:05 PM   #8
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Too many new, young, energetic folks so I mostly just lurk. Occasionally I see something I respond to. Keep up with some friends here but am remiss in my social skills.

Good to be missed though.

It's not like the old days when ereaders were fairly new and we all were just learning how to optimize them.
Yeah, nowadays these younguns are spoiled. Nothing to do but read.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:07 PM   #9
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Retirement? I wish!! I'm working my butt off these days. That good ol' Texas truck put any hope of retiring in the crapper. Ah well, that's life.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:44 PM   #10
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
how're the kitties?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:49 PM   #11
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

The kitties and the doggies are all doing quite well. One of my kitties died a few months ago, but she was 19, and it was expected. It still hurt, however, as it always does when you lose a member of your family.

The doggies now have a nice enclosed yard (pretty large) to run and play in (which makes it easier for me to work from an office), and the kitties have their own 600 sq ft area of the house. I'm in the midst of building new climbing platforms for them with heated condos. Not an expensive project ... I'm using IKEA Lack tables as my building blocks.

The only downside in my life is the lawsuit against the trucking company whose driver decided to cross the highway into oncoming traffic (including me). My wrist sometimes bothers me (a lot), and then it feels ok for a bit, then back to painful again.

Recently did the math (working with my known rate of speed and the distance I routinely travel behind the car in front of me), and found I had all of 4 seconds of reaction time between the time the car in front of me swerved around the truck (while the truck just kept moving forward across the highway), and when I hit the truck. If only the truck had stopped, I could have gotten around him. Oh well, he didn't and that's that.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #12
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
RICKY!!! I actually tried to text you, but that was a year ago or so. Glad to hear from you again girl! Yeah, as others have said, I only read headlines unless something is interesting. Fortunately, I subscribed to "LOUNGE" so I see a list of any new threads -- and I saw this one with your name in it.

I'm about to disappear for a skosh over Christmas but I'll check back later. Glad you are doing well! (Sorry though that the truck accident had so many repercussions. I remember the tale of that happening. Wow.)
bgDeb
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:46 PM   #13
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Meh, repurcussions scheepercussions, if I hadn't hit him exactly where I hit him, I would have had my head cut off entirely. If the Texas Ranger hadn't been there to watch it all happen (and gotten me out of the car before I burned up), I would have been a crispy critter, and all of my fur babies would have been orphans.

So, on the whole, having a wrist that doesn't work so well and being left more or less destitute from recuperating for months (and months and months) is not the worst thing that could have happened. (I think about all of the people all over the world whose lives are seriously circling the crapper, and I'm still ahead of the game.)
Old 12-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #14
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Yay! Ricky's back! And by back I not only mean MobileRead but SoCal!

Sorry about your trucker problems but glad to see you back.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:31 PM   #15
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Thanks, Daff! Nice to be back!