Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-09-2009, 11:29 PM   #1
dhcalva
Enthusiast
dhcalva began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
'New' Flag

Is there any way to remove the 'new' flag on books I've transferred over to the Kindle without opening each book? I haven't had much luck searching for it, so I thought I'd ask just to be sure.
dhcalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:30 PM   #2
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
It goes away after a couple of days ... but I don't really remember how long. I bought 3 books on Monday & downloaded them using the Whispernet connection. Today, the "new" indication is gone. When it disappeared, I don't know.

Last edited by Elsi; 09-09-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2009, 08:12 AM   #3
dhcalva
Enthusiast

Cool. Glad it disappears.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:54 AM   #4
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
did you just recently switch to the Kindle?
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:19 PM   #5
dhcalva
Enthusiast

Yup, just got it last night.
Advert
Old 09-10-2009, 02:20 PM   #6
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Welcome to Mobile Read - we're here to (try to) answer any (and all) questions.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:02 PM   #7
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
congrats!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:07 PM   #8
dhcalva
Enthusiast

Oh, I've been her on MobileRead for awhile, mostly lurking and reading. My previous device was a Cybook Gen 3.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:53 PM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
You can also simply open the file and then close it again. The "New" is gone. This is a lot quicker than waiting possibly three days.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:05 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Welcome to MobileRead and congrats on getting the Kindle.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote