Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-30-2014, 06:12 PM   #1
travelingsandy
Connoisseur
travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!travelingsandy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7", Kobo Aura
Office Suite

The package with my new Kindle Fire HD stated Office Suite was built in. I can not find it--anyone know where I should be looking?
travelingsandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:28 PM   #2
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I think they only bundle the basic free starter version.not the full pro version. GO to apps & check both device & cloud tabs. if no joy , check store & look for free version to "buy"

the pro version was free app of the day recently but it has lots of bad reviews - so beware!
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2014, 05:49 AM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Yes, OfficeSuite starter is on there somewhere. I don't think you can actually see it in your app library (or maybe I cannot see it because I've installed Pro version), but if you open Manage All Applications in Settings you can see it listed there (and I don't know if you can even uninstall it). If you open a .doc, .xls, .txt it will be a choice you can use to open it with. I don't remember what the limitations are, it might not even save your changes.

And yes, I have not really used it very much, i got Pro for free awhile back but have no use for it to speak of.

Last edited by tomsem; 05-06-2014 at 05:58 AM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:07 AM   #4
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
on my HDX ( pro not installed)

it is not visible on the apps tab- - not under device & not under cloud either.

but if I go settings apps, manage all apps it IS on that list, it seems to be running as a background service or process, just waiting for something to do I guess.

how compatible with MS office formats is it i.e. which of .doc .docx .xls .xlsx can it open ( if any ? ).
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 07:43 AM   #5
dickloraine
Guru
dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350, Kobo Aura
I would like to recommend the app "textmaker". From all the apps I tested, this was the only one that had all the features I needed. For example it supports words review and annotation system and handles footnotes. Styles are also usable wheras most other apps only offer direct formating.
If you do not need footnotes, wps office is quite nice and free.
dickloraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2014, 09:33 AM   #6
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Add docs to your docs section and try to open them, then you will see the program. It is integrated and not listed in any apps section.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote