Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-21-2008, 09:59 AM   #1
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
SOLVED: Problems running calibre 0.4.56 on Windows

Interestingly enough I had the same problem on my Mac last week. When I try to run calibre on Windows I get a nice hour glass and then nothing. I don't even know how to troubleshoot this on Windows. I have re-started and re-installed but no luck.

Also, does anyone know of a good sqlllite browser/explorer for Windows? I want to get to the database for calibre outside the program. Thanks!

Last edited by astrodad; 05-22-2008 at 09:46 AM.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:10 AM   #2
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I found an easy to use browser here: http://sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net/
Advert
Old 05-21-2008, 10:12 AM   #3
astrodad
Guru

I tried completely uninstalling and re-installing, with a reboot in between (aka universal windows cure) and it still doesn't work. weird.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:16 AM   #4
astrodad
Guru

Found the log:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 1094, in <module>
File "main.py", line 1083, in main
File "main.py", line 179, in __init__
File "calibre\gui2\library.pyo", line 446, in set_database
File "calibre\gui2\library.pyo", line 113, in set_database
File "calibre\library\database.pyo", line 807, in __init__
File "calibre\library\database.pyo", line 75, in _connect
sqlite3.OperationalError: unable to open database file
File "calibre\gui2\jobs.pyo", line 279, in headerData
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
File "calibre\gui2\jobs.pyo", line 280, in headerData
File "calibre\gui2\jobs.pyo", line 281, in headerData
File "calibre\gui2\jobs.pyo", line 282, in headerData
File "calibre\gui2\jobs.pyo", line 279, in headerData
File "calibre\gui2\jobs.pyo", line 280, in headerData
File "calibre\gui2\jobs.pyo", line 281, in headerData
File "calibre\gui2\jobs.pyo", line 282, in headerData

Looks like my database got corrupted somehow. Thing is, I can open it in an SQLite database browser just fine.

I moved the file, got the same error. I uninstalled, rebooted, and re-installed, but now there is not a library1.db anywhere!

Can anyone send me or post a "clean" database file?
Old 05-21-2008, 11:29 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If there is no library1.db file on your system it should get automatically recreated. I would suggest doing a find files to make sure there is no library1.db
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2008, 11:39 AM   #6
astrodad
Guru

Well there was a backup copy in a folder on a different drive. I copied it over (I think it was from 0.4.51) in the Documents and Settings folder (which I think is the default) and I got the exact same error.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:53 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How big is library1.db?
Old 05-21-2008, 01:13 PM   #8
astrodad
Guru

444 KB
Old 05-21-2008, 01:44 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Then can you attach it here or to a ticket so I can debug
Old 05-21-2008, 03:16 PM   #10
astrodad
Guru

Here it is.
Attached Files
File Type: zip library1.zip (370.4 KB, 536 views)
Old 05-21-2008, 03:29 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

It works for me. I'm guessing its a permissions problem. Check that you have write access to library1.db and the folder it is in.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:29 PM   #12
astrodad
Guru

Yeah that looks fine to me. I am running under the user Admin on my system and it's located in the c:\documents and settings\admin folder.

Is that the default location in the settings? Is there a way to check what the setting is on my system without opening the app?
Old 05-21-2008, 07:42 PM   #13
astrodad
Guru

Well I am completely stuck now. I have tried uninstalling, rebooting, and then installing a older version: no luck. In fact, on the re-install there's not even a library1.db file at all. It doesn't create one. Putting in my backup fails with the same error. I will try installing it as a different user.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:02 PM   #14
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm perhaps you can try deleting the settings. Unfortunately, depending on your version of windows and the upgrade history of calibre, they could be in a couple of different places, one of them being the registry.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:03 PM   #15
astrodad
Guru

Well that was weird. I installed the app as a new user and it works fine. I checked perms on the old user and they are fine. That's really bizarre.