Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 06-11-2014, 11:33 AM   #1
allandale1
allandale1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Reset column layout in editor

Hi,

I have used the calibre e-book editor to work on an AZW3 document. Somehow, I managed to mess up the default column/panel layout. Now when I open an e-book in the editor, the basic layout is blank. How do I restore the basic layout (file list on the left, preview panel, etc.)?

I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the Calibre program, but that doesn't fix the problem. I can toggle individual windows on and off, and resize them, but all I want is the original (default) layout of panels back.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Ian Wilson
allandale1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:17 PM   #2
JLius
Village idiot
JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS T-1
Look in view, make sure file browser and file preview are selected.
When they are, and the don't display right, just double click on the bar that says 'file browser' and 'file preview'.

Last edited by JLius; 06-11-2014 at 02:26 PM.
JLius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2014, 01:07 PM   #3
allandale1
allandale1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
JLius - Thank you SO much. That works. Now I can get back to the job, instead of pulling my hair out!
allandale1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:27 PM   #4
JLius
Village idiot
JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS T-1
Glad I could help!
JLius is offline   Reply With Quote