Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-06-2013, 08:25 PM   #1
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Manage Your Kindle Page Loading Slow

Does anyone else have this problem?

For the last month and a half my MYK page takes forever to load my entire Archive then if I delete something it can take up to 10 minutes to refresh the list.

I've never had this problem before I hit 3000 Items. Now at 3300.
I've been deleting Personal Documents from last year and it's taking forever!

I thought I ask if this is the new normal before contacting Kindle support because this is getting ridiculous!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Under All items (audible, books, docs) on my MYK page, I have 4796 items. I do have a slow connection where I am and I just went in to see how long it took to load. It took a bit over 2 minutes to have them all show. This is slower than it usually takes, but it didn't take as long as yours did.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Under All items (audible, books, docs) on my MYK page, I have 4796 items. I do have a slow connection where I am and I just went in to see how long it took to load. It took a bit over 2 minutes to have them all show. This is slower than it usually takes, but it didn't take as long as yours did.
That what mine use to take. It loads in about 5 minutes or more but deleting something can take forever!
Old 01-06-2013, 08:40 PM   #4
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
I have exactly 4847 items in my archive. Most of these are personal documents, with a few books, movies, and songs in there as well. It takes me less than a minute for all of it to refresh. Are you sure it's your Manage Your Kindle page that's the problem? Could it be your computer? I'm sorry to say I don't know what could be causing it, but I don't think that it's normal.

Edit: dreams posted right before I did. So based on the information they provided, it's probably not the connection then.

Last edited by sneakyspider; 01-06-2013 at 08:42 PM.
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakyspider View Post
I have exactly 4847 items in my archive. Most of these are personal documents, with a few books, movies, and songs in there as well. It takes me less than a minute for all of it to refresh. Are you sure it's your Manage Your Kindle page that's the problem? Could it be your computer? I'm sorry to say I don't know what could be causing it, but I don't think that it's normal.

Edit: dreams posted right before I did. So based on the information they provided, it's probably not the connection then.
No my PC is not the problem. Done basic trouble shooting. Tried different browsers, clean out cache....etc. It gotta be the server my account is on....I have super fast internet too 30MB download.
Advert
Old 01-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #6
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
My download speed is 1.4 and upload is .31 - sad, but the only available option in my area.

I hope you figure out what is going on Blossom.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:48 PM   #7
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
No problems here, how annoying. I hope you're able to figure it out, Blossom. Good luck.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:20 PM   #8
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
It's always been slow for me, especially when deleting items.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #9
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
It's always been slow for me, especially when deleting items.
I've learned that I can do a delete on three items before the page reloads. I tend to send items to my Kindle and then delete them from Personal Documents, so my permanent collection is rather small for that. (Plus, I have most everything in my Calibre library, so I can resend if I need to.) And when I finish a free Amazon book and didn't like it, I delete it from my collection as well, so I do a bit at a time rather than all at once. It seems to keep things running smoothly.
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:05 PM   #10
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyFDR View Post
I've learned that I can do a delete on three items before the page reloads.
LOL... same here. There really should be a multi-select option. I wouldn't think it would be that hard to implement.

I wish the MYK page was more mobile friendly. And it's not MYK... it's MM(my)K anyway!

copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:14 PM   #11
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
It actually says Manage Your Kindle, not Manage My Kindle.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:14 PM   #12
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
It actually says Manage Your Kindle, not Manage My Kindle.
That was my point. It should say "Manage My Kindle", because why would I want to manage yours?

I'll be a little clearer on that next time.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote