Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 07-17-2012, 11:46 PM   #1
me too
Connoisseur
me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
asking for help

hello all
i would like to ask for a help ,will some one provide me with an epub that contains a video and an audio.
plz help(me too).....
me too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:51 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Have a look at the CC Shared Culture epub.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2012, 06:24 AM   #3
me too
Connoisseur
me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
sir

sir is this an epub3?
i had opened it on azardi (showing there are some mirror errors not allowing to open it correctly at the bottom of the azardi reader) ,after i had tried ADE but,the same problem was met with it too(ie, cant view thoose videos)
me too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:48 AM   #4
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Yes. it is ePUB3. ADE is not compatible with ePUB3 at the moment.
You hit the main issue. There are no 100% compatible ePUB3 readers or programs at this moment.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:29 AM   #5
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by me too View Post
sir is this an epub3?
It's indeed an epub3. (As you should know by now, only ADE 1.7.x supports SWF videos, but that's an Adobe extension.)

BTW, the file passed Epubcheck Version 3.0b5, and I was able to open it with the Readium extension for Google Chrome.

Unless your interest in epubs with embedded video and audio files is of an academic nature, you're probably better off familiarizing yourself with iBooks Author and Apple's epub3 extensions, because so far the iPad is pretty much the only device that can handle epub3s with embedded video and audio files.

However, since their are no Windows or Linux versions of iBooks Author, you'll need a Mac or a compatible PC.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert