Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-08-2011, 03:34 PM   #1
jswinden
Nameless Being

Kobo Touch now available in Best Buy stores in Dallas/Fort Worth area

Kobo Touch now available in Best Buy stores in Dallas/Fort Worth area, specifically the Arlington, Texas area, according to the Best Buy website at least. I haven't verified in person as it is way too hot to be making unnecessary trips outside in this record breaking heat.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:20 PM   #2
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Kobo Touch now available in Best Buy stores in Dallas/Fort Worth area, specifically the Arlington, Texas area, according to the Best Buy website at least. I haven't verified in person as it is way too hot to be making unnecessary trips outside in this record breaking heat.
I hear there hasn't been any rain in that area for about 2 months. Stay inside and order online
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2011, 10:09 AM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

Yep. Our area lakes are evaporating at a rate of over 2 inches per day! It is always hot and dry here in the summer, but this year is exceptionally hot. I feel like the penguins in the Madagascar movie and have a strange desire to move to Antartica.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:17 AM   #4
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
Quote:

Lucky you...about the Kobo Touch not your weather. I wish we would get them here at a Best Buy store in Minnesota.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:53 AM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Yep. Our area lakes are evaporating at a rate of over 2 inches per day! It is always hot and dry here in the summer, but this year is exceptionally hot. I feel like the penguins in the Madagascar movie and have a strange desire to move to Antartica.
I see you updated your "Location".
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2011, 03:01 PM   #6
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Do the Touch demo units in Best Buy have the latest firmware?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:44 PM   #7
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Do the Touch demo units in Best Buy have the latest firmware?
I still haven't ventured off the beaten path yet to check them out. It is literally hitting 108 degrees every afternoon here, so I tend to only get out and about when I have to as I really don't want to melt.

@Scion, Yep, the new address seemed appropriate! It looks like we are going to break all the records from the previous worst year of 1980.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:46 AM   #8
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I stopped by a Best Buy last night (Manchester, CT), and they had one on display. I wasn't able to try it out; It appeared to be stuck on a screen that said something about charging (I tried disconnecting the USB cable, sliding the power button, and pushing the button on the front screen).
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:44 AM   #9
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
It appears they have them here at Best Buy in Canada:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/SearchR...lowSecure=True
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote