Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #211
Tvangeste
Enthusiast
Tvangeste began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Hmmm... the link is right in the first post
OOOOPS! My bad, now I see. I haven't read the OP in full for a long, long time and missed that update.

Glad to see that there are instructions on how to remove the jailbreak and they are so simple to follow. Thank you once again!
Tvangeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:38 PM   #212
Bill Lumburgh
Enthusiast
Bill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipse

Device: K3
I know I'm late to the party (as usual) but I wanted to say thank you nonetheless. This is awesome!

I actually held back on getting another PW when Amazon decided to break the JB. And the fact that there's now a working JB just made me order a PW. Thank you ixtab!
Bill Lumburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2012, 12:22 AM   #213
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lumburgh View Post
I know I'm late to the party (as usual) but I wanted to say thank you nonetheless. This is awesome!

I actually held back on getting another PW when Amazon decided to break the JB. And the fact that there's now a working JB just made me order a PW. Thank you ixtab!
When my 2 PW arrived this week they both came with 5.3.0 preinstalled. The one updated to 5.3.1 very shortly after registering while the other took a few hours to do so. Not sure why, maybe because the one that updated right away was the one I was playing with - while the other only had enough time to sit idle as long as it took to download my wifes current book - then it was busy displaying the pages in the book.

So in short, to save you from doing the whole procedure of Jailbreak and adding Hacks twice just wait until PW updated itself to 5.3.1. It might not be necessary, but at least the JB is recommended / (needed?) to be reapplied after 5.3.0-5.3.1 update. So why chance it with twice the work.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:11 AM   #214
alfaifi
alfaifi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I used the jailbreak on 5.3.0 but afterward I am not able to put the kindle on standby..when I press the button it doesn't do anything. My only escape from this was to reset and update to 5.3.1
alfaifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:25 AM   #215
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaifi View Post
I used the jailbreak on 5.3.0 but afterward I am not able to put the kindle on standby..when I press the button it doesn't do anything. My only escape from this was to reset and update to 5.3.1
That might have been coincidence and unrelated to the JB itself. the 5.3.1 update improved for example problems with sleep / wake function of the cover and wifi connection problems.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2012, 05:14 AM   #216
757470 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Hi all, I am a newbie on Kindle and I am a bit stuck here, can you guys give me a hand?

I was on 5.3.1 and apply the jailbreak, the jailbreak seems working as the youtube, and minutes later I decided to restart the device.

After restart it was stuck at a menu of CELESTE_WFO screen, which looks like a testing mode, I try different ways like power, touchscreen without luck, when I plug it on to my computer I see a grey-out removable drive icon in My Computer but there seems nothing much I can do.....

How can I get back to normal mode?

Great thanks!
757470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:00 PM   #217
alfaifi
alfaifi began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
That might have been coincidence and unrelated to the JB itself. the 5.3.1 update improved for example problems with sleep / wake function of the cover and wifi connection problems.
I see. Thank you so much for this clarification.
alfaifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:01 AM   #218
johnwayne999
johnwayne999 began at the beginning.

It installs alright, but after finishing (said SUCCESSFUL) it's like nothing changed. Still had all the ads :S

I'm using 5.3.1
johnwayne999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:31 AM   #219
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Jailbreak does not remove ads. It just installs a certificate that lets you install custom update packages, such as usbnetwork and font hacks and such.

The recommended way to remove ads is to pay amazon to remove them.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:13 AM   #220
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwayne999 View Post
It installs alright, but after finishing (said SUCCESSFUL) it's like nothing changed. Still had all the ads :S

I'm using 5.3.1
Did you even bother to read ANYTHING of the first post or of the README?
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:04 AM   #221
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Did you even bother to read ANYTHING of the first post or of the README?
A person has to scroll past the words in bold, red font to reach the download link.

The "does not remove ads" is just above the link.
It would take a very tiny display screen to not be able to see that sentence and the link at the same time.
I don't think there is much we could do about that (the tiny display size of the user's device).

We only have BOLD and COLORS here, no attention getters like FLASH and BLINK.
Not much help there either.

I suppose that someone, bored, with time on their hands, etc. could create an animated gif that appears to flash and blink.
Something that could be used in-line like a Smily.
Anyone here that bored?

The site software package at my site allows the creation of scored tests. This site software package does not.
So there isn't a way (here) to attach a question and answer test that a user must take (and pass) on the documentation before they can download the item.
Phooey.

Here, with things that apply to an electronic book display, we assume that a person can (and will) read.
That seems like a safe assumption.
Although in practice, it appears that assumption is false.

Maybe we could advertise for higher quality end-users?

Duh. . . .
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:20 PM   #222
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
happy reading
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:15 PM   #223
Bill Lumburgh
Enthusiast
Bill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipseBill Lumburgh can illuminate an eclipse

Device: K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
So in short, to save you from doing the whole procedure of Jailbreak and adding Hacks twice just wait until PW updated itself to 5.3.1. It might not be necessary, but at least the JB is recommended / (needed?) to be reapplied after 5.3.0-5.3.1 update. So why chance it with twice the work.
Thanks. I appreciate the advice, DuckieTigger. I am almost positive the 2nd PW came with 5.3.1 pre-installed from the factory because I only briefly connected it to the Internet before I put it into airplane mode. Truth be told, I wasn't paying attention to it the whole time though and there may have been an OTA update. (My K3 OTOH still won't update OTA no matter what - and that's even if I let it sit for days with WiFi on. Frankly, I consider that a plus though. )
Bill Lumburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:07 PM   #224
stx06
stx06 began at the beginning.

Just registered to say thank you very much, I was happy to see that there is a way to customize device.
stx06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:19 PM   #225
deadsy
deadsy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Thanks for this. When holding your thumb down to invoke the jailbreak install you have to do it in portrait mode - I had it in landscape and I guess it was looking for a press on the wrong part of the touchscreen.
deadsy is offline   Reply With Quote