Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-17-2014, 01:35 PM   #31
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I can tell you one app that will drain your battery like no other. It's the Swagbucks app. Not the TV ones the one that let you access the mobile version the site. I removed it about a week ago because my SGP5 was losing alot of battery in standby. It go from 100 to 75% in hours even with WiFi off. Once I removed it my SGP5 now has been at 75% in standby for a week like it use to. I thought it was just getting old but even GSAM never showed it as the culprit.
Good to know. Thanks Blossom.

BTW. Don't know if I asked this before, but can you share your google apps with say a spouse. My husband has his own google account but I would like to share some of the apps I bought with him.
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:00 PM   #32
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Good to know. Thanks Blossom.

BTW. Don't know if I asked this before, but can you share your google apps with say a spouse. My husband has his own google account but I would like to share some of the apps I bought with him.
Only if he add your Google account to his device which can be done. You can have more than one Google account on a device at least you use to be able to.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2014, 03:54 PM   #33
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Only if he add your Google account to his device which can be done. You can have more than one Google account on a device at least you use to be able to.
Was able to do that, thanks. I disabled the syncing for my google account but was able to access my paid apps and install on his device.
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:42 PM   #34
Synergi
Addict
Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, iPadPro, Galaxy Note 5, 8 (tab) & Galaxy Tab S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Well duh! My brain must've been somewhere else. For some reason I didn't associate when you said sync apps with my apps that sync with the cloud.

Anyway I checked that. Got a sync error for Google and Samsung Account. I went into Google and disabled the sync for Chrome, Books, Movies & TV, Newstand, Google+, Photos, Google+ uploads, Internet, People details, Picasa Web albums. I don't think I use those.

I left synced App Data, Calendar, Contacts, Drive, & Gmail.

I also stopped the Samsung Account. Looking back now, when I would swipe down I would get a message that Samsung Client stopped or something.

Anyway I'll see how this works out. So far at 8:00 pm last night I had 75% battery and this morning at 8:00 am I had 69%. So that's a lot better.

Thanks for your help. Hopefully this will be fixed.
I have the Galaxy Note 8 too. My SD card died taking all my pictures with it, but luckily a great deal of them had been uploaded to picasa. Just a thought. I do know that Google + can be a real battery drain but its not all the time. I had to go in and disable all updates to it.
Synergi is offline   Reply With Quote