Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old 11-24-2014, 08:10 PM   #10966
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Searching ...
Did Kobo fix the multiple click glitch?
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:37 PM   #10967
Purple Lady
Wizard
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 LTE, Nexus 7 3g, Sony PRS-950, K3 3G, Nexus 5, Boyue T62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Did Kobo fix the multiple click glitch?
I forgot about that, but they did fix it.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:34 PM   #10968
cromag
Surfing the alpha waves ~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite, Jetbook Mini, Netbook, and two Androids
Thanks for posting this -- Kobo still hasn't gotten around to officially notifying me.

EDIT: Got it!

Last edited by cromag; 11-24-2014 at 11:20 PM.
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:56 PM   #10969
Susan Reader
Susan Reader shares his or her toysSusan Reader shares his or her toysSusan Reader shares his or her toysSusan Reader shares his or her toysSusan Reader shares his or her toysSusan Reader shares his or her toysSusan Reader shares his or her toysSusan Reader shares his or her toysSusan Reader shares his or her toysSusan Reader shares his or her toysSusan Reader shares his or her toys

Device: Sony T1, Nook, iGadgets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
It then went to the mishapen ones I can't see well so I tried an audio one. There was so much static and mispronouncing I couldn't figure that out either. Maybe this is a way to weed out people registering too many accounts?
You should be able to get a different picture... in the capcha window there should be a button with two arrows in the form of a circle. Click on that!
Susan Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 11:27 PM   #10970
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Apparently the contest does remember me. Unfortunately, it doesn't help me any because I don't remember my password.

Just got the email reminder.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:43 AM   #10971
Purple Lady
Wizard
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 LTE, Nexus 7 3g, Sony PRS-950, K3 3G, Nexus 5, Boyue T62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Reader View Post
You should be able to get a different picture... in the capcha window there should be a button with two arrows in the form of a circle. Click on that!
I tried multiple captchas and couldn't figure any of them out. And the audio ones were worse.

Like this one
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1416890570752.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	131541
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 12:45 AM   #10972
peachiekene
Evangelist
peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, iPhone 5c (blue), nook tablet, nook simple touch
commliz Their?
peachiekene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 01:00 AM   #10973
cromag

Hmmm ... I didn't have any trouble with the captchas, but I had to go through two because of my "returning" status. Both of mine were incredibly easy -- photos of four digit numbers that looked like house numbers. One set was even on a brick wall.
Old 11-25-2014, 01:06 AM   #10974
mimosavj
Groupie
mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, Nook HD+, Aura HD
Do you check all your email accounts registered with kobo? I got 2 90% coupons in the last 2 weeks from them in two different gmail accounts (I have about 20 accounts just for kobo though). Those coupons work with AU,NZ,US,India and CA, and on lots of books. So it's worth checking all those email accounts. And Multi-tabs works with those coupons too.

It's a one time use (multi-tabs is OK) so sorry I can't share the code.

Last edited by mimosavj; 11-25-2014 at 01:18 AM.
mimosavj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 12:47 PM   #10975
rjcchan
rjcchan figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.rjcchan figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.rjcchan figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.rjcchan figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.rjcchan figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.rjcchan figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.rjcchan figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.rjcchan figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.rjcchan figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.rjcchan figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.rjcchan figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: none
The contest is remembering prior registration and the region you registered in. If you registered an email as US in the last contest then you cannot use it for the Canada or UK contest.

Or maybe not...Kobo has me scratching my head again

Last edited by rjcchan; 11-25-2014 at 01:10 PM.
rjcchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 08:18 PM   #10976
Gisu29
Zealot
Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MacAir
You've received a 45% off coupon!
Coupon code: 7WUU6P
Gisu29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 07:23 AM   #10977
MickiTee
Zealot
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505 & T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcchan View Post
The contest is remembering prior registration and the region you registered in. If you registered an email as US in the last contest then you cannot use it for the Canada or UK contest.

Or maybe not...Kobo has me scratching my head again
Same thing just happened to me. Had to re-register in UK but not in US.
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:28 AM   #10978
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International & Sony PRS-T1 & BlackBerry PlayBook
Just got this in my email: a Canada-only promo code according to the fine print, good through December 31st, to tie into the new The Imitation Game biopic film (Wikipedia) starring Benedict Cumberbatch.

ENIGMA50 for 50% off Alan Turing: The Enigma by mathematician and LGBT activist Andrew Hodges (Wikipedia), his classic 1983 biography of the groundbreaking gay mathematician/codebreaker/computer scientist/etc. (Wikipedia), updated with a new preface, and also an introduction by Douglas Hofstadter (Wikipedia) of Gödel, Escher, Bach fame, and which also inspired the play Breaking the Code (Wikipedia). This is out from Random House's Vintage Digital imprint, and a fairly substantial 768 pages, according to the Amazon listing.

This exists in a different edition in the US, and while it's the same edition in the UK, happens to be non-couponable there.

The current CAD price pre-coupon is $14.07, dropping this to just under $8 CAD, depending on what your provincial/territorial taxes are like. The current Amazon & Google Play price is $9.99 CAD.

Last edited by ATDrake; Yesterday at 07:53 AM.
ATDrake is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals