Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 09-19-2010, 07:44 PM   #1
Jstin
Jstin began at the beginning.

Device: Libre
SD card problems

I updated my firmware to v0.18 and have been having issues reading my sd cards.

Regardless of file formats, all that comes up in the reader is a folder called "SD". When I open it another folder comes up also labled "SD". Regardless of how many times I hit OK on the folder another one pops up and I have to keep pressing the back key the same amount of times until I'm back in the main menu.

I am using a SanDisk 8gb SDHC which had absolutely no issues before. I tried reformating it to every available option with no luck. I also tried another card, an Impact 512mb SD which will not every register at all.

It's been a real pain trying to just use the negligable internal memory, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Jstin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:15 AM   #2
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Aluratek Libre Pro
I've been using 18G for several weeks now without any problems (well, there it has done a weird "forget the last reading session" once). I am using the included 2gb SD card. I would contact Aluratek. You probably have a faulty device.

Oh, I did have one issue. When using Calibre to load news to my Libre, I put it in the internal memory. When I opened the news folder everything was fine, but when I went back to "ebooks" the SD card folders had disappeared. Going back to the main menu and then back to "ebooks" fixed it.
MR. Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2010, 11:19 PM   #3
Jstin
Jstin began at the beginning.

Device: Libre
I tried contacting Aluratek, their troubleshooting questions were basically "What file format, or what card format am I using" Not really interested in sending my reader in like they told me as I would be without one, would buy a sony or something else if it came down to that.

Also tried re-installing an old firmware (.17g) but can't get that to work no matter what I try. My libre did not come with an SD card(still mad at that) so I assume I should be able to do this without needing a card, though no luck either way.

Researched this issue as much as I could with no success, surprising that no one else seems to have had this issue.
Jstin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #4
CreepyKiki
CreepyKiki began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro
I've been having similar problems ever since I updated the firmware to .18g for both mine and my parents' Libre. Every time I take the memory card (SanDisk SDHD 8gb) out to put books on it, when I put it back in, I get "No corresponding files can be found" message.

It usually takes me a few resets to get it working again. Most of the time, I have to reset, take the card out and do the old Nintendo trick (blow on the card and in the slot) for it to work.

Considering it worked fine before I updated the firmware, I'm hoping this will be fixed with the next update.
CreepyKiki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sd problems