Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-19-2010, 09:11 AM   #16
Tamara
Evangelist
Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonist View Post
Orb Live, Pandora, WunderRadio, Navigon, Fring and Star Walk.

I don't read on my iPhone, but if I did, maybe Classics would be my choice.
What do you think of Navigon's app? A year or so ago, I bought one of their dedicated GPS devices and ended up returning it because it was completely lacking in POI. Their maps could not find Target, Walmart, grocery store chains, etc. It was a nice interface but completely useless for finding anything.
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 02:41 AM   #17
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
What do you think of Navigon's app? A year or so ago, I bought one of their dedicated GPS devices and ended up returning it because it was completely lacking in POI. Their maps could not find Target, Walmart, grocery store chains, etc. It was a nice interface but completely useless for finding anything.
I think Navigon has improved significantly.

I surprised myself when I got it, since on my old HTCs I had found Navigon lacking, and iGo was my favorite.

On the iPhone, Navigon has done a great job and improved fast. I remember it having poor POI coverage, but now it seems OK. The Live Traffic feature works O.K. most of the time.

When I bought it, TomTom had a bit better POIs, but I liked Navigon better, and it seems to me Navigon has improved noticeably since.

Anyway, I like it. I don't use it much locally, since it's easier to user the built-in car GPS, but when I've used it it has been great. It loses signal on occasion, but this is more of an iPhone problem, rather than Navigon's.
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2010, 08:12 AM   #18
Tamara
Evangelist
Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonist View Post
I think Navigon has improved significantly.

I surprised myself when I got it, since on my old HTCs I had found Navigon lacking, and iGo was my favorite.

On the iPhone, Navigon has done a great job and improved fast. I remember it having poor POI coverage, but now it seems OK. The Live Traffic feature works O.K. most of the time.

When I bought it, TomTom had a bit better POIs, but I liked Navigon better, and it seems to me Navigon has improved noticeably since.

Anyway, I like it. I don't use it much locally, since it's easier to user the built-in car GPS, but when I've used it it has been great. It loses signal on occasion, but this is more of an iPhone problem, rather than Navigon's.
That's good to hear that they've improved. I've been debating whether to download it for the iPhone and I may do it since I do like their interface.
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 04:08 PM   #19
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
That's good to hear that they've improved. I've been debating whether to download it for the iPhone and I may do it since I do like their interface.
You should also know that the latest version of Navigon (1.4) integrates Google Local search, which should alleviate any POI concerns for most people.
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:58 PM   #20
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
I have a lot of faves hehe.
Epicurious is a great cooking app, so many recipes you can always find something new and save the ingredients list before you go shopping.

Doodlejump and Solitaire are definitely my favorite games.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2010, 12:20 AM   #21
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
I am looking for an App that allows a sleep timer for listening to audiobooks or music that shuts off for the time I set each and every time. In other words I want it to default to always on, not always off.

So when I turn on the Ipod Touch the timer will always be set the same as the time that I originally set. Is there such an App?
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:34 AM   #22
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Giving Karma to Harmon for the instapaper shout out.

Hadn't heard of it before, but that app rocks!!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:54 AM   #23
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Just got a new app I really love... It's called Mathemagics...

I have alwsays loved working with figures, but have been so addicted to the calculator... This app gets my brain working, and whereas the 'shortcuts' to the answers don't seem logical to me, it certainly works... Good fun..
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:33 PM   #24
revenuer
revenuer began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Cydia, Installous, MyWi, instapaper, stanza.
revenuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:07 AM   #25
roseredempire
roseredempire began at the beginning.

T-PAIN!
roseredempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:53 AM   #26
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseredempire View Post
T-PAIN!
Guess I'll have to look that one up...

... and I did... Wow!

Last edited by lene1949; 03-30-2010 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:05 AM   #27
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
These are my page1 apps

athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:46 PM   #28
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
If I had an iPhone I would certainly put Evernote on it. It is an excellent tool. But, on the iPhone you can snap photos of stuff like business cards or whatever and save it to your Evernote account.

Does the newest iPod Touch have a camera? Still no right?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:27 PM   #29
mikemc2
Zealot
mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS-505,Kindle 3,Nook HD+,iPod Touch,Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
If I had an iPhone I would certainly put Evernote on it. It is an excellent tool. But, on the iPhone you can snap photos of stuff like business cards or whatever and save it to your Evernote account.

Does the newest iPod Touch have a camera? Still no right?

BOb
No camera...boo! I most often use Bing, Evernote, Awesome Note (notice a trend?), Last FM, CBS Radio, Facebook and TweetDeck.
mikemc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 03:37 AM   #30
lene1949
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemc2 View Post
No camera...boo! I most often use Bing, Evernote, Awesome Note (notice a trend?), Last FM, CBS Radio, Facebook and TweetDeck.
Awesome note is just that... Awesome...

I had Evernote on my palm, but I don't find it as good on the ipod...