Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-17-2008, 10:17 PM   #1
myridom
Enthusiast
myridom doesn't littermyridom doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Exclamation Vizu silicon cover draining my battery

I got my Vizu 4 in 1 kit from amazon right after my Kindle arrived.

Everything is fine, except that when the skin is on it and it's in sleep mode it's draining the battery. I think it's too tight and pressing a button causing it to drain the battery.

Since I have more than enough stuff to read on it, I haven't turned on the wireless. So I was kinda surprised that after 2 days the battery was dead.

Bummer that I cant return it.. I modified it, by cutting off the nubs and making it fit in the original case with some industrial Velcro to keep it in place.

Just thought everyone considering one of these like to know.

MyridoM
myridom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:26 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
I just turn mine off and on. There have been a lot of posts on Amazon about the battery draining faster even in sleep mode.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2008, 10:30 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
What color did you get? I have the clear and I've made no modifications to it and have had no battery draining problems. I use the M-Edge case with my Vizu if that makes a difference.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:17 PM   #4
myridom
Enthusiast
myridom doesn't littermyridom doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
I got the Blue one. I took the silicone case off and the power lasted just over 5 days. So just to be sure I'm charging it now and then I'm going to put the silicone case back on. It maybe that the silicone and the book cover together is what caused it, have to try and eliminate if that's it...

MyridoM
myridom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, drain, duck!, silicone case, vizu