Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-20-2013, 11:20 AM   #16
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
err.. such as?

This is KINDLE developers corner
Nintendo Game Boy! Go, twobob, go!
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:24 AM   #17
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Nice program!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anakod View Post
Okay, but I don't know how I could rewrite this. This is very simple

PHP Code:
      switch(fork())
      {
        case 
0:
          {

execlp("/bin/sh""sh""-c""/usr/bin/lipc-set-prop -s com.lab126.keyboard open net.fabiszewski.leafpad:Abc:1"NULL);
          }
        case -
1:

perror("Failed to open keyboard\n");
          exit(
1);
      }

switch(
fork())
      {
        case 
0:
          {

execlp("/bin/sh""sh""-c""/usr/bin/lipc-set-prop -s com.lab126.keyboard close net.fabiszewski.leafpad"NULL);
          }
        case -
1:

perror("Failed to open keyboard\n");
          exit(
1);
      } 
It's all under GPL.
You don't have to credit me for this
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2013, 11:52 AM   #18
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Write down the shell commands you need, and possibly modify them. Remember the overall logic required, then delete the original code, and, from memory, write your own which essentially achieves the same result, but without being a verbatim copy (you did remember what you have to do, didn't you?)

Or, ask the original author for permission to re-use the code snippet under a different license.
Keep in mind that a case statement can always be re-written as if statements.

Looks like maybe 30 minutes of work at the most.

Then, post sources or a link to the sources and take up twobob's offer to build it for all devices except the K1 (too old).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:14 PM   #19
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
Nice program!

You don't have to credit me for this
Very good of you.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:21 PM   #20
anakod
Enthusiast
anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Thumbs up

I definitely like it, and it is a reason for the opening. If twobob ready to port the program to different Kindles, I will publish the source code under an open source license. Specific code very little, all major functions work under my Windows desktop.
anakod is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #21
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sure am....

I will share my general concepts when I get it done.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:57 PM   #22
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I definitely like it, and it is a reason for the opening. If twobob ready to port the program to different Kindles, I will publish the source code under an open source license. Specific code very little, all major functions work under my Windows desktop.
He is ready.

By now he probably has more experience at building Kindle software than lab126 does (at least he makes fewer mistakes).

Yeah, bashing lab126 again. Only because they manage to get some fool to pay them for their *&^%$%^ code.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:11 PM   #23
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
He is ready.

By now he probably has more experience at building Kindle software than lab126 does (at least he makes fewer mistakes).

Yeah, bashing lab126 again. Only because they manage to get some fool to pay them for their *&^%$%^ code.
Insert politically correct statement here. I can't think of one
Old 02-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #24
anakod
Enthusiast
anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Smile

Ok, it's ready:
http://sourceforge.net/p/kindle-explorer/wiki/Home/

twobob, if you are SourceForge user, i will add you to the team.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:46 PM   #25
twobob

https://sourceforge.net/users/twobob

User ID: 3219815
Old 02-20-2013, 01:52 PM   #26
anakod
Enthusiast

Ok! Also I committed my small gtk+ wrapper library, as a part of the project.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:10 PM   #27
anakod
Enthusiast

For information: code is crossplatform. I developed this under windows in Code Blocks IDE. It would be nice if possibility of working in this environment remained after modifications
Old 02-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #28
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
https://sourceforge.net/users/twobob

User ID: 3219815
Durn newcomers.

• User ID: 82020
Long enough ago that I had (may still have) a shell account on the system.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #29
anakod
Enthusiast

Okay, I added you.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #30
twobob

Quote:
Okay, I added you.
Thanks. Pulled it down.

file ./explorer.o
Quote:
./explorer.o: ELF 32-bit LSB relocatable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), not stripped

Okay... looking good. thanks - I will fiddle

(PICTURED ON A KINDLE TOUCH, Just to get the ball rolling : )

1st OBVIOUS problem? the EXIT button is hidden!!! LOL hehehee.

will work on that.

Quote:
ssh root@kt
Welcome to KT (192.168.15.244)
[root@kindle root]# killall -9 explorer
work fine for now for those who are "STUCK"

I won't be indexing this for KUAL until that is fixed.

I COULD list it as Paperwhite Only... but I guarantee you someone will install it on a touch anyhow... So yeah... fix required.

800 x 600 for the lover devices.

fun!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_178.png
Views:	388
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	101632  

Last edited by twobob; 02-20-2013 at 10:06 PM. Reason: ./explorer.o: ELF 32-bit LSB relocatable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), not stripped