Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-01-2012, 06:20 AM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Nexus Q is Free for those who Pre-ordered

...due to an increased delay in shipping. Nice one, Google

Quote:
The team behind Google’s first independently engineered and manufactured hardware is delaying the public product launch to add new functionality to the device. But there is a silver lining for those who’ve already committed to a life with Nexus Q. While Google isn’t providing any information on exactly when the hardware will launch, and has also stopped accepting pre-orders, those who’ve already pre-ordered a Nexus Q from the Google Play store will still be getting their devices in the next few weeks.

What’s more, instead of paying $300 for a device that’s still in a process of becoming, Google is going to ship Nexus Qs to pre-order customers for free. In essence, Google will be treating all its general-public pre-order customers just like the thousands of developers (and journalists) who received Nexus Q for free at the Google I/O conference. Nice move, Google!
Anyone here pre-order this media player?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:19 AM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
I pre-ordered a 16GB Nexus 7, and I ended up paying more and getting it later than if I had bought it on sale at sears.com with local in-store pickup. They even charged sales tax and significant shipping charges. And the $25 play credit that was supposed to be a reward for pre-orders was also giving to store purchases, so no benefit at all for pre-orders but delayed receipt and increased cost.

So... they screw the Nexus 7 pre-orders and then give free product to Nexus Q pre-orders? That is like another slap in the face for Nexus 7 fans. Maybe they should send us 16GB Nexus 7 pre-order people a free Nexus Q too...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #3
darksaber35
Banned
darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a dead as PARROT Kindle keyboard 3G,NEXUS 7 and Proud Of It
This is one google device i wont be touching with a ten foot barge pole,seems very over priced for a very limited streaming device.

It Cant stream from your PC or any other service or device for that matter -only Google Play Music, Google Play TV & Movies, and YouTube.
Sounds like it's better for google than for it's customers as they will be paying a monthly storage fee + over services to make use of it properly.

add to the fact that google play supports very few video formats will mean u fill have to waste time re-encoding video files to get them to work if your like me with a spread of different video formats like AVI,MKV,MP4 and others.

I think i will stick with my PC connected to my 47'' inch LG LCD and my nexus 7 streaming films, photos and music from my PC via Emit and Gmote WiFi streaming Apps which both cost $0

And to top it off it looks like a cannon ball

P.S i just read why it has such a high price tag- it's made entirely in the United States

Google Nexus Q review

http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-medi...-35339164.html

The good: The Google Nexus Q features a truly unique, spherical design with glowing LEDs that respond to music that's playing. It streams content directly from Google Play Music, Google Play TV & Movies, and YouTube, using an Android phone or tablet as the controller. There's also a built-in 25-watt amp that can be used to power speakers.

The bad: The Nexus Q is very expensive and doesn't stream from any non-Google services like Netflix, Pandora, Spotify, MLB.TV, or Amazon Instant, nor can it stream content from your own PC or DLNA server. It also requires an Android smartphone or tablet to control it, as it doesn't include a remote or its own user interface.

The bottom line: The Nexus Q's striking, orblike hardware can't outweigh the extreme limitations of this Android-only, Google-only media streamer.

Last edited by darksaber35; 08-06-2012 at 05:18 AM.
darksaber35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:46 PM   #4
darksaber35
Banned
darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a dead as PARROT Kindle keyboard 3G,NEXUS 7 and Proud Of It
Removed dew to a mistake
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	062612-GOOGLE-Q-PRODUCT-065edit.jpeg
Views:	212
Size:	364.1 KB
ID:	91605  

Last edited by darksaber35; 08-31-2012 at 03:01 PM.
darksaber35 is offline   Reply With Quote