Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 06-30-2007, 02:33 PM   #1
kulaga
kulaga doesn't litterkulaga doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500
Bookdesigner suggestion - warn before cleaning

First off, I love BookDesigner. I now have a backlog of e-books that will take me years to work through!!!

For some unknown reason when I try to change the default save path for creating the lrf file, I just can't keep my finger off the clean button. Nothing worse than having 5 books in a folder to convert and having them instantly deleted when the clean button is accidentally pressed. In the next version, could you add a confirmation box, something like "Do you want to delete all files in this folder?" This would give me a second chance to save my books...

Thanks for all your hard work.
kulaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:07 AM   #2
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Ouch, sorry to hear about this! Ooh, I'll have to remember this when I do some bulk-processing. Thanks for sharing this with us, so we've been warned.
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:37 PM   #3
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I lost a book a couple of weeks ago, due to the same mistake. I was editing several texts at the same time.
Fortunately, I had made an LRF book to check textual errors against the paper version. I discovered that one can highlight and copy the LRF text in the Connect software and then paste it into a word document, or back into BD. Most of the formatting will be kept.
No doubt there are other programs that will do this, but my computer skills are (alas) underdeveloped, to put it mildly.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:03 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I discovered that one can highlight and copy the LRF text in the Connect software and then paste it into a word document, or back into BD. Most of the formatting will be kept.
That's quite a discovery, Patricia! Thanks for sharing it.

I don't think that there is anything else that will do that at the moment, mostly because I don't think there's anything else that will display an LRF file just at the moment.

Your discovery might make it possible to take someone's nicely formatted book and easily adjust the font or font size, for instance, by running it back through BD. An excellent find indeed.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:07 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, well, it's not as useful as I thought/hoped, since the ConnSoft doesn't allow selecting more than a couple of pages at a time.

Still a nice thing to know about, regardless.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:27 PM   #6
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
No, I copied a whole book this way. Scroll down with the mouse and, to make things a bit faster, press the little downward arrow on the right of the keyboard.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:46 PM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist

Ah, yes! I see now.

I was trying to ctrl+A and then move pages.

Clicking on the first page, then holding down the shift key and going to the end of the book (with the scroll bar or the "last page button" that looks like this: >| ) and clicking at the end of the text, does, indeed do the trick.

Thanks for clarifying.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:04 PM   #8
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Don't mind this post. Did not read NatCh its post good.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote