Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-18-2011, 11:26 AM   #27796
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by bugmen0t
I know this is a mistake, but if I don't say it, I can't sleep.
When I found this place, I thought maybe now, I won't have to be so alone.
That I could learn how to be social.
Have friends.
Talk to people.
I never really have before. In 47 years.
I did learn things.
My opinion doesn't matter.
People can be mad at me, but I'm not allowed to be mad at them.
That I am nothing, to be tossed aside without thought.
That there are no friends and no place for me in the virtual world either.
I never hid the fact that I don't communicate well.
I only talk to a dog.
I just wish I never found this place.
Because losing it because I am who I am hurts.
I never meant to bring anyone else pain.
I just wanted to be a part of the world too.
I know what happens now.
I am sorry.

Recluse
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't have the same experience with Recluse as the other members on the forum, but it made me very sad to read his post. I keep thinking about it.
Does anyone know: is it possible for him to come back to the forum?
I'm thinking of a kind of probation; after a serious talk with him?
Or are there too many hurt feelings among the forum? I realize that I don't know much of the troubles he caused.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:26 PM   #27797
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
I don't have the same experience with Recluse as the other members on the forum, but it made me very sad to read his post. I keep thinking about it.
Does anyone know: is it possible for him to come back to the forum?
It is not. It was a permanent ban, by a unanimous decision of the entire MR moderating team.

Quote:
I'm thinking of a kind of probation; after a serious talk with him? Or are there too many hurt feelings among the forum? I realize that I don't know much of the troubles he caused.
He's a troubled soul, subject to violent mood swings. He's "Doctor Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde." When he's up, he can be witty and even brilliant. When he's down, he can be very badly behaved. It reached the point where some MR members didn't want to visit MR because they were afraid of him and didn't want to be in the same forums. This is simply not acceptable.

He always apologized afterward for bad behavior, but he always did it again.

I hope for his own sake that he finds doctors he can trust and a treatment regimen that will help him achieve balance. But meanwhile, his problems are his responsibility to deal with. MR is not his therapy group, and it was not fair to the rest of the MR community to be subjected to Mr. Hyde.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:37 PM   #27798
Alm Hlgh
BelieveNLove Alm Hlgh
Alm Hlgh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alm Hlgh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alm Hlgh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alm Hlgh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alm Hlgh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alm Hlgh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alm Hlgh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alm Hlgh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alm Hlgh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alm Hlgh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alm Hlgh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Reading this thread and rubbing my feet... Is that too much info? lolo
Alm Hlgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:12 PM   #27799
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Oh boy
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:13 PM   #27800
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alm Hlgh View Post
Reading this thread and rubbing my feet... Is that too much info? lolo
Errm...yes, it is
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:15 PM   #27801
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
It is not. It was a permanent ban, by a unanimous decision of the entire MR moderating team.

He's a troubled soul, subject to violent mood swings. He's "Doctor Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde." When he's up, he can be witty and even brilliant. When he's down, he can be very badly behaved. It reached the point where some MR members didn't want to visit MR because they were afraid of him and didn't want to be in the same forums. This is simply not acceptable.

He always apologized afterward for bad behavior, but he always did it again.

I hope for his own sake that he finds doctors he can trust and a treatment regimen that will help him achieve balance. But meanwhile, his problems are his responsibility to deal with. MR is not his therapy group, and it was not fair to the rest of the MR community to be subjected to Mr. Hyde.
______
Dennis
Thank you for explaining this to me.
I agree with you that it cannot be so, that other members are scared to visit MR because of the postings of a person. That is not acceptable; of course.

I find it so sad to see another person suffer; even if he himself has caused it.

I just wish there could be a way to give this person another chance, without hurting the feelings of the other members of the forum.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:22 PM   #27802
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I agree to missing the good side of Jon. (as well as occasionally being scared by his other side). How does one host or create a forum -- and is there a cost? I wonder if some subset of us could chat on a FOR (Friends of Recluse) chat list. Not as a subset of MR; I mean a whole other place. I don't know how they are started or run, but somebody here might have ideas?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #27803
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I agree to missing the good side of Jon. (as well as occasionally being scared by his other side). How does one host or create a forum -- and is there a cost? I wonder if some subset of us could chat on a FOR (Friends of Recluse) chat list. Not as a subset of MR; I mean a whole other place. I don't know how they are started or run, but somebody here might have ideas?
Create a Google Group. It functions as a mailing list with a web based interface, so people can read and reply in email or with a browser.

I created and administer two such groups. Mine are invitational and moderated, and do not appear in the public groups listing. You can set one up, give the URL, and folks who want to join can request admittance in email.

See https://groups.google.com/forum/?pli=1#!overview for information.
______
Dennis
Old 02-18-2011, 04:02 PM   #27804
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
Create a Google Group. It functions as a mailing list with a web based interface, so people can read and reply in email or with a browser.

I created and administer two such groups. Mine are invitational and moderated, and do not appear in the public groups listing. You can set one up, give the URL, and folks who want to join can request admittance in email.

See https://groups.google.com/forum/?pli=1#!overview for information.
______
Dennis
Thank you! I've done exactly that. If you want to join this chat group, send your email address to " BadGoodDebi at gmail.com" and I'll send you an "invitation" that you have to click on to join. Jon -- I'm hoping you will join too, otherwise this is sort of a waste!

P.S. If you want to send your MR name too, I'll recognize who you are.

P.P.S. We need more people, cuz *I'm* not much of a talker.

P.P.P.S. JON if you see this, here's how YOU can get there:
go to googlegroups.com
sign in as <no longer listed here>
password is <no longer listed here>
on the right of my page (who knows where on a kindle) find BOLD PRINT that says
"FriendsOfRecluse" and it's a link to the group
Add a post to the group to talk. If prefer to do it in a mail window, toto GMAIL instead. Just reply to mail. - Deb

Deb

Last edited by badgoodDeb; 03-14-2011 at 03:47 PM.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:41 PM   #27805
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Thank you! I've done exactly that. If you want to join this chat group, send your email address to "BadGoodDebi at gmail.com" and I'll send you an "invitation" that you have to click on to join. Jon -- I'm hoping you will join too, otherwise this is sort of a waste!

P.S. If you want to send your MR name too, I'll recognize who you are.

P.P.S. We need more people, cuz *I'm* not much of a talker.

Deb
What a good idea, Deb!

Last edited by DMcCunney; 02-21-2011 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Changed email contact address fro BadGoodDeb per her request
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:04 PM   #27806
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
recluse does not have a computer! He was posting on a Kindle. Do you think he will be able to access the group?
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:08 PM   #27807
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
recluse does not have a computer! He was posting on a Kindle. Do you think he will be able to access the group?
I haven't used a Kindle browser so am not sure, but if he can access MR I am pretty sure he can access a Google group.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:10 PM   #27808
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Personally, I never believed that he was the tortured soul he kept portraying himself as. I always got the impression he was taking us all for a ride. I still think that's the case.

However, if it is true, I hope he gets the help he needs.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:17 PM   #27809
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
I have a Kindle and it isn't the best browserexperience ( black/white, 6 inch) but I can access every site I want, but I won't as I have my iPad for mobile browsing. But it is doable.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:06 PM   #27810
DMcCunney
New York Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
I haven't used a Kindle browser so am not sure, but if he can access MR I am pretty sure he can access a Google group.
Correct. The Kindle uses a port of the Access NetFront browser, a product intended for embedded use like that. It's not Firefox, but it should be able to access a Google Group.
______
Dennis

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?