Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-10-2009, 07:07 AM   #1
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Calibre converts wrong file

Thanks for Calibre, it is a great program. And any problems that I have had previously seem to have been mostly of my own making.

But now, I downloaded a book from Gutenberg Canada, stripped the header and changed the table of contents so it was only 1 across instead of 5 and then resaved it was waac.html.

I load this file into Calibre and convert it, but what comes up in view is the original file with the header and no changes to the table of contents.

I am running Vista 64 bit. I tried setting for compatibility to XP, but it made no difference.

What am I doing wrong?
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:57 AM   #2
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

further on file

I got it to stop loading the wrong file by deleting it. I may not have noticed it before but it is showing zip to lrf when I am converting to html.

It did not create a table of contents with the original HTML, at first because a reference to the file name was left in it. But even after that was stripped, it didn't work. It appears calibre doesn't recognize the name tag as an anchor. I removed all reference to the name tags and referred to the headings and the TOC worked fine.

It appears that calibre might have gotten off on the wrong track because of the references to the original file name inside the HTML, which I eliminated in one of the editings of the HTML.

Last edited by mrmikel; 04-10-2009 at 09:24 AM.
Advert
Old 04-14-2009, 06:15 AM   #3
mrmikel
Color me gone

Further on wrong file

I noted in another post that you could have problems on Vista because of UAC. I removed then reinstalled Calibre, letting it put its library where it wanted to, under my folder, which should not create UAC problems.

Hopefully this will cure the problem.