Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-26-2014, 04:19 AM   #751
ajg1967
ajg1967 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Sounds to me as if the de-brick was successful (both times).

Books and user settings are supposed to remain.
Those may be your problem.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=237083 Bullet #2

If you can access user storage over USB, start deleting things.
Thanks for your response. I left my kindle on charge overnight and it seems to be working fine now. I have only got 3 books on the device at the moment as I had previously performed a factory reset which failed to resolve the problem. It was even freezing and resetting while I was trying to set the Wi-Fi password with no books at all on the device. Kubrick had enabled me to get as far as setting the wi-fi password and loading 3 books from archive before it started freezing. I would have suspected one of the 3 books if it wasn't for the fact that it has worked fine for a few days after the overnight charge. Anyway thanks for your help
ajg1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 10:05 PM   #752
zhujingling523
zhujingling523 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
I am not sure that the answer appears in this thread.

That would have been at a time when K5 where in very short supply.

What appears to have happened, was Amazon pulled devices from "internal use" and shipped them to customers.
Those units did not have the expected "diags mode" operating system on them. (Oops)

Since they are very rare, Kubrick is not designed to handle them.
(Although all the tools you will need are on the Kubrick LiveCD.)

- - - - -

OK - Memory failure at this point - someone else help out with the specific directions for this question.
The newest status is that my KT finished the debricked process after I waited diags mode for more than 3 days.

But unfortunately my KT stayed in the tree page after rebooted, it is still in bricked status.

It was so unfavorable, and I still expect my KT to wake up.
zhujingling523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2014, 08:08 AM   #753
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Keep it plugged in - it might.

Also take note that the newest, lowest cost, Kindle is also a touch screen device.

Note: At the moment, it requires serial port access to jailbreak it.

Last edited by knc1; 10-07-2014 at 08:32 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:58 AM   #754
niemerlang
niemerlang began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Thank you very much for your work. I could repair my KT en 10 minutes! Al worked fine.
niemerlang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 01:18 AM   #755
zhujingling523
zhujingling523 began at the beginning.

Thank goodness, my KT had been debricked, the whole process was that:
1. I installed a plug called duokan, and when I uninstalled it, my KT can not boot(black screen);
2. I formatted the removable disk of KT, and copied the backup file to it, it didn't work yet(stay in tree page);
3. I tried the fastboot to enter the diags mode, and after finished all the work but could not reboot(stay in tree page);
4. I tried the Kubrick to debricked the KT, but it could not enter the usb download mode because it still stayed in the tree page after rebooted;

I wanted to give up at that time, because I think my KT is special.

5. I kept the KT plugged in the Kubrick system for more than 3 days, it waked up and displayed the select N U Z X page(so excited!);
6. I finished the next steps(only selected flash jailbreak) in Kubrick and rebooted the KT, but but it stayed in the tree page(so disappointed!);
7. I kept the KT plugged in the Kubrick system for more than 3 days again, and flashed all the content(format removable disk, flash kernel), it worked!!!

After my effort and the great mobileread's help, my KT is alive, thanks you for you help @knc1.
zhujingling523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2014, 06:41 AM   #756
vyshak675
vyshak675 began at the beginning.

Device: K4NT
Post jailbreak

NEWBIE question
What version of jailbreak does the 3.6 kubrick install in K4
is it 1.7N ??
vyshak675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:29 PM   #757
profe_daniel
profe_daniel began at the beginning.

Device: KT
Hello
I have a bricked KT, I've charged it by 2 days and run Kubrick from a DVD, It pass the recognize step, but in the screen of putting the device into fastoot mode, this never ends.
Muchas gracias!
profe_daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:37 PM   #758
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyshak675 View Post
NEWBIE question
What version of jailbreak does the 3.6 kubrick install in K4
is it 1.7N ??
Most likely.
That sounds like about the last time Kubrick was rebuilt.

The author completed his PhD work and went off to find a real job.
He may or may not be back someday.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:20 PM   #759
vyshak675
vyshak675 began at the beginning.

Device: K4NT
Smile

Quote:
Most likely.
That sounds like about the last time Kubrick was rebuilt.

The author completed his PhD work and went off to find a real job.
He may or may not be back someday.
thanks
vyshak675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 02:53 PM   #760
ouchkt
ouchkt began at the beginning.

Device: K5W
K5W debrick help

Howdy,

I have a Kindle Touch W (B011 - received Nov 2011). Nothing custom, normal Amazon firmware (not sure what version). Hadn't turned wireless on in over a year and did to see if it would update itself (did not select the menu option). I left it sit at main screen about 10 minutes and for some reason I felt I should reboot it also, so I stupidly did a hard reset using the power button. Don't ask, don't know why I did it that way, but I have since read that was a bad idea.

Now it's stuck at the tree screen (never see a status bar or any text aside from the big "Kindle" above it). Battery is charged (days).

I've burnt the Kubrick 3.6 CD and tried that. It seems to enter fastboot mode (nothing changes on the KT screen) and Kubrick sends the diag code to the device and reboots it. The KT does it's reboot flash flash and gets stuck again at the tree screen (still no bar or other text). Have left it sitting for hours here with no change.

Next I tried the "Small debricking guide for noobs" here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=180789
to see if it would give any better error messages.
I've successfully gotten the KT to enter fastboot mode (again no change on the KT screen), flashed the 3 images mentioned, and executed the diag and reboot commands. However the KT gets stuck at the tree screen exactly like with Kubrick.

I'm looking for suggestions of what to try next. The KT seems functional as it is rebooting and responding to fastboot commands. I do not care about the contents of the device so I will gladly erase /var/local/ or the document partition if there are fastboot commands to do so.

I believe that the battery is fine as I was reading from it just before my mental short-circuit and have charged it for days trying things. The only thing I haven't tried it letting it sit at the boot screen since there were a couple posts that indicated sometimes it'll enter the diag screen after several days!?!

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
ouchkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 07:21 PM   #761
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@ouchkt: Do you see the spinner at all? Or not even that?

(For ref: Boy+Tree -> Boy+Tree+Spinner -> Boy+Tree+ProgessBar -> Framework).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 01:55 AM   #762
ouchkt
ouchkt began at the beginning.

Device: K5W
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@ouchkt: Do you see the spinner at all? Or not even that?

(For ref: Boy+Tree -> Boy+Tree+Spinner -> Boy+Tree+ProgessBar -> Framework).
No spinner, just the Boy+Tree. Thanks for the ref, didn't remember the order.
ouchkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:47 AM   #763
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@ouchkt: Ooops. I misread your post. I thought you were using a PW1. There's no spinner on the Touch .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:30 AM   #764
Rouffian
Rouffian has much to be proud ofRouffian has much to be proud ofRouffian has much to be proud ofRouffian has much to be proud ofRouffian has much to be proud ofRouffian has much to be proud ofRouffian has much to be proud ofRouffian has much to be proud ofRouffian has much to be proud ofRouffian has much to be proud ofRouffian has much to be proud of

Try as I might I cannot get a download of the ISO for a touch. Tried all three for the CD ISO and both DVD links. One of the DVD links does't exist and none of the other four downloads will actually complete. My network here is pretty fast and reliable (Just downloaded season 4 of The Walking Dead in 48 minutes) so I blame the hosts.

Does anyone have a solution? Is there a torrent? I searched the Pirate Bay, but to no avail.
Rouffian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 11:03 AM   #765
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rouffian View Post
Try as I might I cannot get a download of the ISO for a touch. Tried all three for the CD ISO and both DVD links. One of the DVD links does't exist and none of the other four downloads will actually complete. My network here is pretty fast and reliable (Just downloaded season 4 of The Walking Dead in 48 minutes) so I blame the hosts.

Does anyone have a solution? Is there a torrent? I searched the Pirate Bay, but to no avail.
Re-try the connectivity from your end and your OS.

They all just worked for me - except the k3-k4-k5 on ixtab's server - that one is moved or missing but the dsmid mirror is working for that one.