Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-24-2012, 04:38 PM   #1
aranwe
Enthusiast
aranwe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!aranwe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!aranwe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!aranwe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!aranwe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!aranwe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!aranwe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!aranwe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!aranwe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!aranwe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!aranwe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle Touch
KT Custom Keyboard layout

Hello everyone!
since i am from Czech Republic (and czech uses national characters like ěšč...) i am playing with kindle layouts ... but i was thinking whether have anyone figgured out if there is posibility to add positional cursor arrows?
in the .keymap files there are special string values like !!abc etc. ... is there something for arrows e.g.? (it would be great combined with e.g. leafpad and other apps ... we could even then create (gtk) terminal emu without the need of matchbox
thanks for the answer
aranwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #2
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by aranwe View Post
Hello everyone!
since i am from Czech Republic (and czech uses national characters like ěšč...) i am playing with kindle layouts ... but i was thinking whether have anyone figgured out if there is posibility to add positional cursor arrows?
in the .keymap files there are special string values like !!abc etc. ... is there something for arrows e.g.? (it would be great combined with e.g. leafpad and other apps ... we could even then create (gtk) terminal emu without the need of matchbox
thanks for the answer
I think baf said something in the leafpad thread about being to edit the layout of the keyboard, but I was just skimming....
Edit: Look at posts 16,17,18 in the leafpad thread. Those should help you.

Edit 2: Didn't see that he wanted cursor arrows, I thought he was just asking for basic keyboard modification.... Doh.....

Last edited by qlob; 09-24-2012 at 06:37 PM.
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #3
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by aranwe View Post
Hello everyone!
It's possible. I've did it. I used keysymdef.h as reference and added keys with values of keysyms of XK_Left and XK_Right. It worked (at least, at Pillow stiff: search field, browser's address field). However, some applications (Add Note window and Notepad kindlet) didn't recognized these keysyms as cursor keys, but rather as Unicode q and s characters.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote