Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-05-2010, 04:12 PM   #1
Rina
Edge User

Wi-Fi newbie needs advice

I just ordered my eDGe (!!!) so now it's time to get wi-fi, eh? Right now my house (in Seattle) has a Comcast cable modem on one floor, and a Qwest DSL modem on the other floor. And we might be getting a DirectTV dish soon, which I've heard includes wi-fi capability.

My main question is... Have users found wi-fi setups that DON'T work with their eDGe? Or would I be safe getting any system?

What about when you take it out and about, do you bring your own gadget (dongle?) to get a connection, or do you depend on free public wi-fi?

Thanks!

Old 05-05-2010, 05:10 PM   #2
10tklz
Edge User

My eDGe connects wonderfully with every hotspot I've tried, including at school which uses the antiquated and rather insecure MS-CHAPv2, which has given me trouble with other systems. I've used it with WEP and WPA 1 & 2 with no problems.

Advert
Old 05-11-2010, 05:22 PM   #3
///Maui
Edge User

I've connected the eDGe to several different WiFi access points on different networks and have never had a problem. You should be safe in whichever router you purchase

Old 05-14-2010, 01:50 PM   #4
Rina
Edge User

Thank you for the feedback. It's reassuring that I don't have to know a lot about wi-fi to get this right.