Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-16-2010, 12:22 PM   #16
screwballl
NewKindler
screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3 Wifi
We are the pioneers in this new era. Ereaders are still new. Sure they have been around for a few years but like any new technology, it takes a while before they start to replace their predecessor. They are currently still in their infancy, much like cell phones from the early 90s. Here it is almost 30 years later since the introduction of cell phones and only now are people starting to drop their analog landlines. We will likely see a similar move away from paper material as Ereaders start replacing them over the next decade or two.
Fuel injection replaced carburetors in most vehicles, email is in the process of replacing paper mail, digital cameras have almost completely replaced film based cameras, cell phone cameras are in the process of replacing small point and shoot digital cameras...

I just recently got my Kindle, but I am sure I will use it to completely replace books for the reading itself, but I will keep the books I have just to have them.
screwballl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:29 PM   #17
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwballl View Post
We are the pioneers in this new era. Ereaders are still new. Sure they have been around for a few years but like any new technology, it takes a while before they start to replace their predecessor. They are currently still in their infancy, much like cell phones from the early 90s. Here it is almost 30 years later since the introduction of cell phones and only now are people starting to drop their analog landlines. We will likely see a similar move away from paper material as Ereaders start replacing them over the next decade or two.
Fuel injection replaced carburetors in most vehicles, email is in the process of replacing paper mail, digital cameras have almost completely replaced film based cameras, cell phone cameras are in the process of replacing small point and shoot digital cameras...

I just recently got my Kindle, but I am sure I will use it to completely replace books for the reading itself, but I will keep the books I have just to have them.
I almost never give my books away. And I never sell them. Space be damned! (My shelves are ridiculously overflowing, however. I have them doubled up with books -they are quite deep - and I still have a hallway full of piled up books on the floor. I really should do something about that... maybe when I have kids! For now, there is still the guest room left to be filled up with books )
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:38 PM   #18
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
For now, there is still the guest room left to be filled up with books )
It sounds like you're the guest in their house, not the other way around. :-)
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:43 PM   #19
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
It sounds like you're the guest in their house, not the other way around. :-)

My husband will get a kick out of that one!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:17 PM   #20
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
There's still room in my library, but Kindle and then iPad have let me take hundreds of books on the go as I've spent most of the past two years away from home.

With iPad, I have instant access to even more books, without the bother of converting. And buying e-books, rather than paying high prices abroad for English-language print books, has saved me hundreds, if not thousands. Freebies also are available to me from a variety of publishers and retailers.

Last edited by Maggie Leung; 12-16-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:48 AM   #21
Jakie
Connoisseur
Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Blackberry playbook and Q10
having gone from 2400 square feet to 1050 square feet, and no built in book shelves, I really appreciate just how little space mb take up. Even before the android tablet, the netbooks were significantly easier to use than large pbooks.
Jakie is offline   Reply With Quote