Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-11-2010, 12:06 PM   #1
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author
sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Adobe Digital Editions
Post Free science fiction story: But As A Soldier, For His Country by Stephen Goldin

Please see Post #5 in this thread for updated information.

For the remainder of Read an Ebook Week (through 3/13), my short story But As A Soldier, For His Country is available for free download. This is the story of a soldier who is resurrected repeatedly to fight in war after war forever into the distant future, and it's the basis for my classic sf novel The Eternity Brigade.

After RAEW is over, the story reverts back to its regular price of $1.99, so grab it while it's hot!

[IMG]large image deleted. Author may use a smaller image[/IMG]

Last edited by sgoldin; 02-13-2011 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Change the thread title & updte information.
sgoldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:49 PM   #2
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thanks for posting this. I'm trying to work my way through it now, but the font is so distracting that it's all but unreadable. If I may make a criticism of the medium, I'd suggest using a more typical font when formatting so that your audience can read it.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:22 PM   #3
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author
sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queentess View Post
Thanks for posting this. I'm trying to work my way through it now, but the font is so distracting that it's all but unreadable. If I may make a criticism of the medium, I'd suggest using a more typical font when formatting so that your audience can read it.
Thanks for your suggestion. Since I don't (yet) have an ereader myself, I sort of take it on faith that readers can play around and adjust the font until it looks good on their own machine. When I view the result in the online HTML view, I adjust it to Georgia font, medium size and it looks okay...but if your particular reader can't do something like that, I can see where there'd be a problem.

When I'm creating the file on my computer, I use a font that's easy for my tired old eyes to make out. I have to see what I'm typing, after all, so I can get it right. But once I get the story into shape, it should be no problem to change the font to something more standard so the conversion software makes it more readable to other people. I'll take a stab at it and see what happens.

Again, thanks for your comment...and yopur patience!
Old 03-11-2010, 06:41 PM   #4
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author

OK. try downloading it again and let me know if it's any better.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:39 PM   #5
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author

I wanted to let people know that my short science fiction story But As A Soldier, For His Country is now free permanently. I hope you'll give it a try.

Tags
military science fiction, science fiction