Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-07-2009, 10:58 PM   #1
javajoe96
javajoe96 began at the beginning.

Device: Barnes & Noble Nook, Sony PRS-700
Covers/Cases for nook

Well, it is time to start getting those naked nooks covered. So I am going to post some links to covers, cases and bags for nooks.

B&N
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook/a...?cds2Pid=30253

Borsa Bella (hand crafted fabric bags)
http://borsabella.com/e-reader-bags

Oberon Design (amazing leather designs)(preorder-shipping mid Janyuary)
http://www.oberondesign.com/nook.php

UPDATED (thanks binkman71 for correct link)
M-Edge (leather works-multple styles)(not available yet)
http://www.medgestore.com

EDITED UPDATED

Trendy Digital (Water Proof Solutions)
http://trendydigital.com/

Incipio
http://www.myincipio.com/category/nook_cases/

BookArmor (Hardest case you will find)
http://ecaddycase.com/index.html

Noreve (French made leather sleeves)(not yet available)
http://www.noreveusa.com/product/Bar...ther_case.html

Updated 1/2/2010

JAVOedge
http://www.javoedge.com/

Case Crown
http://www.casecrown.com/

Updated 8/31/2010

Silicone Skin Cases
http://www.oriongadgets.com/accessor...ook-cases.html

Etsy - Vintage Covers
http://www.etsy.com/shop/vintagecovers

Please post any cases, covers or bags for the nook you find

Last edited by javajoe96; 09-01-2010 at 12:55 AM.
javajoe96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:10 PM   #2
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
You can't go wrong with the Oberon covers. They are great I have them on my K2 and Sony PRS-505! I love red!

Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2009, 06:42 PM   #3
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
do they already have them for the Nook!? that was FAST! they are incredible works of art!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:13 PM   #4
andrea t
andrea t began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for those links. I pre ordered one from Oberon. It looks so beautifully made!
andrea t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:05 PM   #5
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea t View Post
Thanks for those links. I pre ordered one from Oberon. It looks so beautifully made!
Pictures don't do them justice!
Advert
Old 12-09-2009, 10:27 PM   #6
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Oh, I remember coming across the Oberon site when I was looking for leather journals or something. Those are gorgeous, but above my price range. I ended up ordering the cover with the giant ampersand from B&N because it looked practical. And because it had a giant ampersand on the cover.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:33 AM   #7
qpid360
e-reading :)
qpid360 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Pocket Edition, Barnes & Noble nook
I'm using the cover from B&N with the Alice in Wonderland excerpt. It's great!
qpid360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:56 AM   #8
DaveNB
Connoisseur
DaveNB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DaveNB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DaveNB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DaveNB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook, Sony PRS-500, Nokia 770 (FBReader)
Recycling parts of the retail packaging to make a case

I was thinking that since the retail packaging was so sturdy (if a bit bulky), you could always just use it as a case for your Nook until specific made cases/covers are available.

That or you can scavenge/use the frame that clips onto the Nook itself in the retail packaging and perhaps attach the clip (velcro, glue, etc) to an existing cover or binder (ie. day planner/organizer) to make your own low cost carrying case.

Dave
DaveNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:30 PM   #9
smgoller
smgoller began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I picked up the B&N Bleecker Cover in Asphalt. I like it a lot. All the B&N covers have a 1-2" deep hard pocket the nook fits into (a nook for your nook, as it were) with elasticized cloth wraps for the top. At $30, it seems to be the cheapest solution direct from B&N, but it looks quite good.
smgoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:12 PM   #10
Diedrupo
Diedrupo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Diedrupo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Diedrupo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Diedrupo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook
wow! i now regret buying one of the B&N covers from B&N yesterday. those oberon covers look really sweet.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:18 PM   #11
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
can you return it? they really are works of art
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:17 AM   #12
Lilly
Guru

I just ordered this one for my Kindle 2! Christmas present from my sister. I just came from her house and she asked me what I wanted for Christmas and we ordered it last night! Yes, they both will be red!

I'm saving this one for my PRS-900 when it comes out and Oberon makes the covers. I assume that it will be sometime in February. I have to pay for that one myself.

Now I will have 2 Oberon covers for my K2, 1 for my PRS-505, 1 large journal (yes, all 4 are red) and the 5th red one will be for the PRS-900 as soon as Oberon makes them!

Last edited by Lilly; 12-11-2009 at 03:24 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:55 AM   #13
javajoe96
javajoe96 began at the beginning.

Device: Barnes & Noble Nook, Sony PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea t View Post
my pleasure. Not many nook resources out there so had to start somewhere.
javajoe96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:14 AM   #14
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by qpid360 View Post
I'm using the cover from B&N with the Alice in Wonderland excerpt. It's great!
I saw it in the B&N yesterday and really liked it. I even considered cancelling the order on the ampersand cover, but I am holding myself back. The ones that look like fake books really seem to be the most practical choices. Of course, if that nook is in my purse, it might need some extra protection on top of that, but I still have a netbook cover that I bought and never used (because I had to return the netbook three days after buying it).
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:38 AM   #15
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I ordered one of the Sinclair covers, which I thought were beautiful until I saw the Oberon covers. But since my wife bought me an Oberon K2 cover for our anniversary, I'm not complaining. At least one of my devices will have that beautiful Oberon style, and who knows -- maybe later, when I can afford it, I'll get an Oberon cover for the Nook.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bag, case, cover, nook