Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #1
allowingtoo
Bibliophile
allowingtoo began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon
Paperwhite List View How do you get to the 2cnd Page?

I'm scratching my head over this one and I can't figure it out. Coming from the Kindle keyboard to the Paperwhite and somehow it should be intuitive and it's not. With the touchscreen you can't get to the second or third screen of your books in list view. All I can figure out if you have more than one page of books, you'd have to go back to Cover view to choose another book.

Is there something I'm missing?

Last edited by allowingtoo; 05-13-2013 at 06:50 PM.
allowingtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:55 PM   #2
detayls
Addict
detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle Voyage
Swipe left or right

Quote:
Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
I'm scratching my head over this one and I can't figure it out. Coming from the Kindle keyboard to the Paperwhite and somehow it should be intuitive and it's not. With the touchscreen you can't get to the second or third screen of your books in list view. All I can figure out if you have more than one page of books, you'd have to go back to Cover view to choose another book.

Is there something I'm missing?
From any page in the list swipe left or right on the touch screen to change pages.
detayls is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2013, 07:01 PM   #3
allowingtoo
Bibliophile

Gosh. I found it in the Amazon help pages finally. You have to swipe DOWN. Never thought to try that one.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:03 PM   #4
allowingtoo
Bibliophile

I tried that earlier and it just kept opening the book. Now it working. Thanks. I really didn't want to have to go back to the cover view!
Old 05-13-2013, 07:17 PM   #5
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I swipe right to left in the bottom section of the screen where there are no books listed. Anything else I try to do, I wind up opening books I don't want to open.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #6
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I swipe left, too. It should be done quickly, not a tap and swipe.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:45 PM   #7
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
You can also jump to an arbitrary page of the book list by tapping the page indicator at bottom right and then typing the page number in the ensuing dialog.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:23 AM   #8
Tabatha
Groupie
Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KTouch-PW-WIFI Galaxy Tablet 7 Plus 32gb Galaxy Player 5.0-4.2
On HOME page, I swipe up or down to change book list pages.
Tabatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #9
allowingtoo
Bibliophile

Yes, the up and down seems to work the best!