Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-13-2011, 10:35 AM   #1
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
nook for Android Tablets Update

saw this on Cnet and went to BN to check it out. Says it's now optimized for Tablets running 2.1 and higher. No specific mention of Honeycomb.

Has anyone with a Xoom, Asus, Acer or anyother Honeycomb used the nook app?

If so how is it?

Love it on my Droid X.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/nook...id/379002287/?
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:45 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
The software seems to treat the CM7 nook as a tablet. Like the new look better.

Can't help but to find it amusing that the nook 4 android is better than the sock nook reader.

[EDIT:] Apparently the n4A has also added magazine support.
=X=

Last edited by =X=; 05-13-2011 at 01:01 PM.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2011, 01:39 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Can't help but to find it amusing that the nook 4 android is better than the sock nook reader.
Weird isn't it.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:40 PM   #4
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Weird isn't it.
I don't know, I LOVE the stock UI on the Nook color

but as they say to each his own.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:44 PM   #5
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
I just tried N4A on my CM7 Nook Color and it's incredible in comparison to the stock Nook reader. There's really no comparison. I like this reader and couldn't use the other.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2011, 01:56 PM   #6
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Hmmm... if magazine support was added, I might as well go the CM7 route now and remove all traces of stock. That was the only thing stopping me, since there's still no Zinio for Android. Need to make time tonight.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:55 PM   #7
emt
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
saw this on Cnet and went to BN to check it out. Says it's now optimized for Tablets running 2.1 and higher. No specific mention of Honeycomb.

Has anyone with a Xoom, Asus, Acer or anyother Honeycomb used the nook app?

If so how is it?

Love it on my Droid X.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/nook...id/379002287/?
Yes, I just installed on my Acer Iconia A500 and started using - really nice to have 2 pages in landscape mode after all this time - now I'm going to check sideloading of books - I'll report back
Old 05-13-2011, 04:06 PM   #8
emt
Nameless Being

Can't Add Sideloaded Epubs

I installed the updated Nook App and put a few of my own epubs in the Nook>Content folder (this is where downloaded ebooks reside). They cannot be viewed!

I seem to remember we had this issue before - does anyone remember and does anyone know how to get around this?
Old 05-13-2011, 04:13 PM   #9
stsrep
stsrep began at the beginning.

Device: none
Can someone post the link or the apk file please.
For some strange reason my Market can't find it.
Thanks
stsrep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:21 PM   #10
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt View Post
I installed the updated Nook App and put a few of my own epubs in the Nook>Content folder (this is where downloaded ebooks reside). They cannot be viewed!

I seem to remember we had this issue before - does anyone remember and does anyone know how to get around this?
No sideloading books go in the "My Documents" sub folder in the nook directory. Content is reserved for nook library content.

I actually like that they broke up the content vs sideloaded content, you can even filter on that.

The bad news is for some reason thumbnails do not display.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:24 PM   #11
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:

I read somewhere that you put them in NOOK/My Documents.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:57 PM   #12
emt
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I read somewhere that you put them in NOOK/My Documents.
No dice - I did a test by loading one epub into the Nook/My Documents folder - same result - cannot be seen.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:12 PM   #13
amujee
Connoisseur
amujee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.amujee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.amujee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Voyage (soon, I hope)
Quote:
No dice - I did a test by loading one epub into the Nook/My Documents folder - same result - cannot be seen.
Did you touch the sync icon? I always had to do a manual sync after I purchased or sideloaded new books.
amujee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:33 PM   #14
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
Quote:
It happened to me too. But when I opened a book from "Books", went back to "my Files", all ePubs were there. It still doesn't show the cover pages for sideloaded books. Magazines open well, but it doesn't show contents page. I got "The Economist", no way to navigate, except from page to page.

Edit: I was wrong, it does have contents in magazines.

Last edited by ddavtian; 05-13-2011 at 08:10 PM.
ddavtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:40 PM   #15
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
This looks really good in comparison to the stock reader. It's kinda funny that the stock one is less friendly than the one in the marketplace.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote