Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-19-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
Jonatan
Jonatan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Calibre and Sony PRS-T1

I know, this must be about the 1000th thread on this subject, but this seems to be a slightly different problem which I've been unable to solve...

I've got the Sony PRS-T1 updated to the the last version and downloaded Calibre 0.8.40. On my first start everything worked perfectly, until I disconnected my device. From that point Calibre couldn't find the device anymore.

One option is to connect to the folder when the Sony is connected, but that only puts the ebooks on my device (something I could do myself using drag and drop in Windows).

The Sony plugin is installed in Calibre.

I even uninstalled the Sony reader software, but unfortunately even that doesn't work.

Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

Jonathan
Jonatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
PaulPosition
Enthusiast
PaulPosition began at the beginning.

When you disconnected your device, did you do it through windows explorer's or calibre's "Eject" function or you simply pulled the plug? If the later, have you tried shutting down the device (power button for 3-5 seconds) and bringing it back on and plugging it back in while it is awake (not asleep) ?

All of those are *stupid* but also *standards* troubleshooting steps that often get you out of trouble with readers, but also computers, modems, heck even televisions nowaday.
PaulPosition is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #3
Jonatan

I shut the device down for a minute or so and it actually does work. Calibre recognized the device, thanks a lot man!

I did however use Calibre's eject function, but probably pulled the plug too soon!? When I use that function should the device eventually display anything else than the data transfer screen?
Old 02-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #4
Jonatan

In fact, it only works after rebooting both my computer and the device. It seems I have to do this every time for the program to recognize the device. Any suggestions here?
Old 02-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonatan View Post
I shut the device down for a minute or so and it actually does work. Calibre recognized the device, thanks a lot man!

I did however use Calibre's eject function, but probably pulled the plug too soon!? When I use that function should the device eventually display anything else than the data transfer screen?
If you use Calibre's Eject, there is not the 'Safe to Remove' Notification that you see if you use the USB Icon eject.
BUT
Calibre will HIDE the 'On Device' column, once the eject has safely completed. so wait until the column goes into hiding before yanking the cord.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2012, 12:30 AM   #6
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Thumbs up

You might what to check out Zentimo xStorage Manager. I like it better than the Windows native "eject device" process.

I managed to pick it up for free during one of the Giveaway of the Day offers and it works well to shut down devices for disconnection, and if the device won't shut down for some reason, gives you the reasons and the options to kill the processes that are causing it to hang.

http://zentimo.com/
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote