Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-20-2009, 03:30 AM   #1
crAss
Connoisseur
crAss began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Library organization

I am a new user, just had the cybook for less than a week. I have been reading a lot about it and I have read a lot in it after I got it. Well so far my reading material consist of 3 categories:
1. Ebooks - No matter the format there are ways to get it into mobi format with the mobipocket creator and other software which convert almost all types of ebooks to html. Most of the ebooks I had were in pdf, but simple text, so the only minor annoyance is that every now and then I get a page number in the middle of the page I am reading - no big deal.
2. RSS feeds - The mobipocket reader works very good. I had some trouble with different rss feeds getting updated in different intervals (ex. magazines every 15 days, a newspaper daily and some newsfeeds constantly). If I set keep 2 days the magazine gets ditched an the other remain, otherwise I get 100s of entries for the rest. I wrote a post in the mobipocket forums and they said they would include specific settings for each rss feed in the future version so this problem is hopefully gone.
3. Scientific pdf files - Well here things are not so good. What I do is export the pdf to word, I set a page size of 9x12 cm and then I edit the text to fill that size and in the end save as pdf so I do not have a problem with equations, diagrams and so on. Right now it takes me less than a minute to do that so it is somewhat usable. Of course in some files the export does not work as expected and then you need something 5 minutes to get everything shorted. That is only acceptable for some files you want to keep on you all the times.
So taking these in consideration I already have a library of about 100 files. The internal memory along with a 1 GB SD card is more than enough to hold much more of these, but I do not know how to arrange them.
The only usable software for that for the moment is Mobipocket reader. In there you can:
- Arrange your files and search them easily (view by author, genre etc)
- Manage your rss feeds
But you cannot
- Manage your pdf files
- With an ease of a button push synchronize your pc library with the cybook library to have all things at both places.
Also even when you get everything in the cybook you can only sort them by name, size, date and file path (I cannot understand the use of that since folders are not accepted) . Of course the easiest would be to sort in folders, but that is something hopefully to come in future firmware revisions. For now it would be ok even if you could sort by genre. It is a mess to try to look for the rss feeds scattered all around. Somewhere here I read that there is a site where you can set your rss preferences and downloads them in 1 file and not separate for each rss feed. I use 6 feeds...if they could be in a folder everything would be great, but now maybe that is the solution.
Does anyone have any suggestions of what I might do to keep my content somewhat organized and easily accessible?
Thank you in advance...

Last edited by crAss; 01-20-2009 at 10:44 AM.
crAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:28 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by crAss View Post
Also even when you get everything in the cybook you can only short them by name, size, date and file path (I cannot understand the use of that since folders are not accepted) .
Although the library screen does not currently display folders, you can put your books into folders. If you then set the library to "sort by file path", you'll get your books sorted by folder name, even though the folders themselves are not shown.

You can use this, for example, to sort by author. Create a folder for each author, put the books into the correct folders, and then sort by file path.

The correct word is "sort", not "short", by the way.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2009, 10:43 AM   #3
crAss
Connoisseur

I will sort out my post right away
Thanks for the information
I will try that this evening. Hopefully with this I can actually organize everything really good.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:31 AM   #4
crAss
Connoisseur

Everything is much more organized now. I had some small issues with some books I transfered from the SD card to the main memory (bookmarks were lost).
Now waiting for updates in 3 fronts (bookeen, mobipocket.com and calibre).
Old 01-27-2009, 04:38 AM   #5
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crAss View Post
I had some small issues with some books I transfered from the SD card to the main memory (bookmarks were lost).
Each book has three files on the cybook. The 'book'-file, a file with the cover-image and a file with the bookmarks. They all have the same name, just another extension.
When you copy all three files from your SD-card to your main memory you shouldn't suffer any loss of bookmarks.

Last edited by ErwinOtten; 01-27-2009 at 06:37 AM.
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2009, 03:39 PM   #6
crAss
Connoisseur

I did that, but I still suffered loss. The photograph of the cover was there though. Oh well, no big deal, just 3 minutes browsing to find where I had last left that book.