Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-20-2010, 10:55 PM   #1
icq70610
Enthusiast
icq70610 will become famous soon enoughicq70610 will become famous soon enoughicq70610 will become famous soon enoughicq70610 will become famous soon enoughicq70610 will become famous soon enoughicq70610 will become famous soon enough

Device: PSR505
Repair Database metadata.db

Hi all,
I try to make it a detailed description. I had the books for a long time >2y in the same location on my harddrive located in the caliber library folder. Always do a backup, and keep the folders tidy an very clean (like an obsession the care for books). Around 6 months ago checking the database with Preferences - - Advanced - - Check database integrity produces an error. DB malformed. Ok but on the books everything worked fine. Adding deleting all the things work normally. I continued to use it currently 2000 + books, with all fully updated covers etc.
Now I wanted to split books and separate them into different libraries, actual 3 … Novels, Science, paperpacks, and by this way also solve the metatdata.db issue. (which now started to produce errors … can delete book etc )
I copied all books and wanted to import all the books recursively into a new destination. How to import them?
a) If I import piece by piece, the cover image is lost (I have a lowres image in the Epub and a high res in the book_folder/cover.jpg) and I have to do all of this manually 2000+ plus ????
b) Importing a full subfolder same thing!

How can I import a full directory structure with that is following to the letter the caliber structure into caliber including all books --- covers -- multiple formats – etc.
All pdf’s all lits and all epubs also have correct data inside (file has correct metadata always!)
Thanks
icq70610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:35 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Why not use the Multiple library support in the latest Calibre releases? This would allow you to use the Calibre GUI to create new libraries, and also to copy books into the new libraries. These facilities are accessed by clicking the arrow on the right side of the Library icon.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre metadata.db