Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you have a TV in your bathroom(s)?
No, I have no TV's in my bathroom(s) 30 42.86%
Yes, I like entertainment while in the bathroom(s) so I do have TV's there 3 4.29%
Germany! 16 22.86%
Portugal! 5 7.14%
Quebec! 3 4.29%
Italy! 3 4.29%
The rest of Canada! 10 14.29%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2009, 07:19 PM   #46
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
It was your 666th post and what are you doing? You are offering BEER to everybody.
And i always thought 666 is a sign of the evil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
Brewmeister of the Beast...

-MJ

Skoal!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	devilbeer.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	25226  
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:02 PM   #47
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
Skoal!
cheers!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2009, 09:03 PM   #48
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
I think I was recruited here to vote for Germany!
and I would have, but then I saw Portugal!
which I was going to change my vote to until I saw something more closer to my choice i.e. Quebec!
however, I really knew that could not surpass the best choice of all, being Italy!

That's it, I voted for Italy, since it didn't make it to the previous Country poll by desertgrandma (and because both my parents were born in Italy). Italia! Italia! Italia!

Oh, and because I live in The rest of Canada! I thought that would be too obvious an answer. Got it?

On second thoughts, NO, my answer should have been NO!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:13 PM   #49
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
and I would have, but then I saw Portugal!
which I was going to change my vote to until I saw something more closer to my choice i.e. Quebec!
however, I really knew that could not surpass the best choice of all, being Italy!

That's it, I voted for Italy, since it didn't make it to the previous Country poll by desertgrandma (and because both my parents were born in Italy). Italia! Italia! Italia!

Oh, and because I live in The rest of Canada! I thought that would be too obvious an answer. Got it?

On second thoughts, NO, my answer should have been NO!
I included Italy and Portugal because I still feel badly about not including them before!

So tell me again....who did you vote for???
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:18 PM   #50
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I included Italy and Portugal because I still feel badly about not including them before!
Ahhh, that's sooo sweet and considerate!

Quote:
So tell me again....who did you vote for???
Oh, I voted for....
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2009, 10:33 PM   #51
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
this place is so small that you can see the tv from every room so if you are sitting, look left, if you are taking a bath or brushing your teeth, look right
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:15 AM   #52
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Well .... let's do a little inventory while I am lying here in bed ...

1 in the master bedroom,
1 in the master bath,
1 in the kitchen
1 in the great room
2 in the office (at the moment ... I'm going to give one away soon)
1 in the media room (big screen ... 50 inch)
2 in the guest suite
1 in the garage and
1 in the second garage.

So .... that makes 11 TVs. Yes, I like watching TV and movies. Only 4 of the TVs are actually networked together. I have TIVOs attached to those sets.

It's not as odd as it might seem. When I'm cleaning house, I like to have all the sets on and tuned to the same channel so I can move from room to room and still follow what's going on. It works pretty well, unless I accidentally have one or more of the TIVO'd sets running through the TIVO because that sets up a slight delay and I get a weird echo from those sets.
Mom?

I went 4 years without a TV. But I had little kids at the time, and kept VERY busy.
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:42 AM   #53
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I voted for the rest of Canada, because I think Canada needs a rest after all that noise the neighbours made last night. "Inauguration"...pfft! Any excuse for a piss-up, that lot, hey?

Cheers,
Marc (I also voted for New Coke)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 05:38 AM   #54
StDo
Translating Calibre...
StDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with others

Device: [PRS-500], PB360
At the moment there are 6 guys (boys and/or girls) who do not have a TV in the bathroom(s) and 6 votes for Germany!

Hm, I voted (G!) but I do not have a TV in my bathroom. May I vote again? Please...
StDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:28 AM   #55
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
no tv in ANY room ! so i voted for portugal.
Same for me; why isn't France a Possible choice?
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:34 AM   #56
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
no tv in ANY room ! so i voted for portugal.
That was a well spent vote.

In my case, I have one TV in the living room and I only turn it on to watch football (that means, once or twice per week).

(Not counting when I use it as a 40" monitor for my PC)
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:34 AM   #57
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Yes, you were

Quote:
WHAT??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I voted for the rest of Canada, because I think Canada needs a rest after all that noise the neighbours made last night. "Inauguration"...pfft! Any excuse for a piss-up, that lot, hey?

Cheers,
Marc (I also voted for New Coke)
I try to convince our Canadians to vote for Germany and then Australia votes for Canada. Are you guys nuts???!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StDo View Post
At the moment there are 6 guys (boys and/or girls) who do not have a TV in the bathroom(s) and 6 votes for Germany!

Hm, I voted (G!) but I do not have a TV in my bathroom. May I vote again? Please...
Sure!!!!
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:54 AM   #58
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
Are you guys nuts???!!
You need to ask?
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:56 AM   #59
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
TV nuts?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:15 AM   #60
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
I tried to vote for Germany to be consider part of the Rest of Canada but it didn't work.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote