Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-22-2014, 12:53 PM   #1
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Unhappy Wi-fi problems on iPhone 4S

The wi-fi button on my iPhone 4S is stuck on off, I already did a reset multiple times, what can I do?
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:01 PM   #2
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I've heard from time to time that the wifi in the 4S goes missing... you'll need to take it to an Apple Store. If its still under warranty, they will replace it. If not, it will likely cost you to get an out of warranty replacement. I dont really *know* what the problem is.

Have you asked in http://discussions.apple.com ?

Last edited by kyteflyer; 07-22-2014 at 02:03 PM.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2014, 04:35 PM   #3
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Have you tried "restoring" the entire phone from an iTunes (or iCloud) backup?
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 05:10 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by estelle58 View Post
The wi-fi button on my iPhone 4S is stuck on off, I already did a reset multiple times, what can I do?
There is no WiFi button, There's a software toggle for WiFi on/off though.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:17 PM   #5
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I used to have to put my iPhone 2G in the freezer when that happened. Not that I'm suggesting that, but it could be that your device is overheating. Try turning it off for a day if you can.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2014, 04:18 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by estelle58 View Post
What "WiFi button" are you referring to? The iPhone doesn't have a WiFi button.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:33 AM   #7
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There is no WiFi button, There's a software toggle for WiFi on/off though.
That's what I should have said
Old 07-23-2014, 09:34 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You tap the WiFi toggle and nothing happens?
Old 07-23-2014, 09:38 AM   #9
estelle58
Cat lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
Have you tried "restoring" the entire phone from an iTunes (or iCloud) backup?
Yes, did it yesterday
Old 07-23-2014, 09:40 AM   #10
estelle58
Cat lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You tap the WiFi toggle and nothing happens?
Yes, I can't turn it on
Old 07-23-2014, 09:41 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Hmmm. My only suggestion would be a complete device reset.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:32 PM   #12
estelle58
Cat lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Hmmm. My only suggestion would be a complete device reset.
Did that last night, no results
I have an appointment at the Apple Store tomorrow
the problems started after the last update so it may be the cause of the problem, we'll see tomorrow
Old 07-23-2014, 03:48 PM   #13
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Try restoring the device using iTunes, place the phone in DFU or recovery mode and try restoring that way. If that does not fix it something is probably wrong with the phone's hardware, two friends of mine had that same problem and nothing I did could fix the phone's wifi.
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:17 AM   #14
estelle58
Cat lover

Well, it's dead Jim...

the WiFi card was fried, I had to buy a replacement because I still have 18 months on my contract an it would have cost too much to buy an upgrade.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:25 AM   #15
alicepattinson
Banned
alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
I had a 3 year 4s and then suddenly, my wifi greyed out. I dont know why but I think this is an issue after an update?
alicepattinson is offline   Reply With Quote