Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-12-2013, 01:51 AM   #1
xijhing
xijhing doesn't litterxijhing doesn't litter

Device: paperwhite
Fooling K5 [PW] to connect to your own DHCP Server

Hi folks,

I'm trying to get my K5 to connect to my private wireless access point that runs a DHCP server (it hands out addresses from 192.168.0.100-199). However, the paperwhite refuses to connect to a wireless device that doesn't have access to the internet. This functionality is important to me because I would like to be able to SSH into my kindle whether I have internet access or not. I was looking through these forums, but haven't seen anyone having a similar problem.

I was wondering if any of y'all had an idea for how to trick the kindle into believing it has an internet connection?

Thanks for your time and help!
xijhing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:06 AM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2348166
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #3
zxczxc
Addict
zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: PW
wow, i did not know this, and that is a helpful fix, thanks!
zxczxc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wifi, wifi hotspot