Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-13-2011, 02:50 PM   #1
BoiseShan
Connoisseur
BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle
Overdrive pdf Books on Android?

I'm loving using my Droid to read ebooks from the library--at least the epub books. I can't, for the life of me, figure out which app to use to read the ebooks that are in pdf format. Overdrive won't let me download them directly to my mobile device; so I download them to my computer and move them over. Fine--now the file is on my phone, but I can't get anything to open it.

Ideas? Any help is much appreciated!
BoiseShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:01 PM   #2
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
Have you tried Aldiko 2.0? It is supposed to read both epub and PDF with Adobe DRM. I use Aldiko, but haven't tried it with DRM'ed files yet.

There are better Android PDF readers than Aldiko, but they only handle non-DRM'ed files.

Joe
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2011, 02:32 PM   #3
BoiseShan
Connoisseur
BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle
Unfortunately, Alkdiko doesn't want to open pdf books that have DRMs. Ugh....
BoiseShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:52 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Aldiko 2 will open Adobe DRM'd PDF's. The easiest way is to either copy the .acsm file to your devices SD card and then use a file manager like Astro to open the .acsm and tell it to open the book in Aldiko (this is how the Aldiko folks tell you to do it) or plug your device into your computer and it should show up in ADE (bottom of the list on the left you'll see an icon and it should say Aldiko) where you can just drag and drop your book.

I tried both methods with both ePubs and PDFs for a review I just did at Dear Author and they worked fine...
http://dearauthor.com/wordpress/2011...roid-aldiko-2/

However PDF's don't reflow/change font size nor can you zoom/pan them in Aldiko so they may be hard to read.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote