Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-18-2014, 06:32 AM   #421
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
I want one of these ........

Must rush out and buy a lottery ticket or two.......
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:01 AM   #422
gamba66
Zealot
gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanvon E920
my 200 dpi hanvon 9.7" also has a usb port and supports usb keyboards amazingly
gamba66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:58 AM   #423
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
I too want an e-ink display for wordprocessing, but the Sony doesn't support external input outside the included stylus.
Might have to just go with a NOOK 6" for now if nothing else.

Still waiting to hear back from the eInk people on Indiegogo.
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:28 AM   #424
nathan.grewal
Dickens Fanatic
nathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo touch, iPod touch 4th gen, kobo arc, kobo arc 10 HD, nexus 5
I thought they would have given it epub. I know that this isn't an ideal device for epubs, but it would be a nice feature for owners, and could give sony some extra sales.
nathan.grewal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:24 AM   #425
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
A little bit offtopic, but I finally managed to get in contact with the people who are making the 9.7" eInk dev kit / display unit, and I'll be buying one soon to try use as a wordprocessing terminal.
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:10 PM   #426
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPLD View Post
A little bit offtopic, but I finally managed to get in contact with the people who are making the 9.7" eInk dev kit / display unit, and I'll be buying one soon to try use as a wordprocessing terminal.
That is very interesting stuff! Please start a thread somewhere around here and write about it.
mSSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:17 AM   #427
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan.grewal View Post
I thought they would have given it epub. I know that this isn't an ideal device for epubs, but it would be a nice feature for owners, and could give sony some extra sales.
I agree with this, I have many technical books in EPUB format -O'Reilly for example. I like to read EPUB with my ONYX M92/9.7".

For me, with a device with a so high price, using it only for PDF and using an other for EPUB isn't interesting.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:19 AM   #428
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
With the demise of the PC line and the American Sony e-book store, Sony hs announced that ehy will focus on phones and tablets. The DPT-S1 falls within the realm of tablets, do you Think we will se a more main stream device now? One with regular Android and consumer marketing?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:23 AM   #429
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Several people in the course of this thread have announced their intention to buy one of these devices. Has anyone actually done so?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:59 AM   #430
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have been following some Japanese blogs on this topic. This is a summary of what people are writing.

They are disappointed that there is no integration with either Evernote or OneNote (this is probably from people who wants to use it as individuals). It is strictly limited to PDFs and that seems to hamper its usage.

Stores that have them available for personal purchases have pricing around 110 000 yen, they seem to have ample stock, there are no waiting times.

Despite being available it is not listed on Kakaku.com (Japan's Pricerunner), a sign there will be no support from Sony for individuals who purchased it.

Sony offers a reasonably priced extended warranty, but none of the stores selling it to individuals offer that warranty. Should it become available for consumer purchases it is believed that Sony will offer that warranty as well.

While looking around I found this device from Sharp at 10 % of what Sony charges.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:33 PM   #431
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Several people in the course of this thread have announced their intention to buy one of these devices. Has anyone actually done so?
Nope. It was not deliverable and Sony wouldn't help. Thou still got the money to buy it as soon as possible.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:12 PM   #432
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Nope. It was not deliverable and Sony wouldn't help. Thou still got the money to buy it as soon as possible.
You can get it through Rakuten (Buy.com)
Old 02-07-2014, 07:40 PM   #433
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
You can get it through Rakuten (Buy.com)
Have searched the site. I haven't found the Sony DPT Reader.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:43 PM   #434
coloraday
coloraday began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
While looking around I found this device from Sharp at 10 % of what Sony charges.
It's not an e-book reader, is it?
coloraday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:18 PM   #435
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Have searched the site. I haven't found the Sony DPT Reader.
Here is one there were a few more.