Notices

Old 09-12-2012, 06:46 AM   #1
iomari
Zealot
iomari doesn't litteriomari doesn't litter

Device: galaxy tab
update error

greetings,
just updated from 8.64 to 8.68 and I'm getting the following compilation error on opensuse 11.4. can anyone help me?

####### Building extension libmtp #######
gcc -O3 -Wall -DNDEBUG -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -fPIC -pthread -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c /mnt/installs/iomari/work/calibre-0.8.68/src/calibre/devices/mtp/unix/libmtp.c -o /mnt/installs/iomari/work/calibre-0.8.68/build/objects/libmtp/libmtp.o
/mnt/installs/iomari/work/calibre-0.8.68/src/calibre/devices/mtp/unix/libmtp.c: In function ‘build_file_metadata’:
/mnt/installs/iomari/work/calibre-0.8.68/src/calibre/devices/mtp/unix/libmtp.c:131:43: error: ‘LIBMTP_FILETYPE_FOLDER’ undeclared (first use in this function)
/mnt/installs/iomari/work/calibre-0.8.68/src/calibre/devices/mtp/unix/libmtp.c:131:43: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
/mnt/installs/iomari/work/calibre-0.8.68/src/calibre/devices/mtp/unix/libmtp.c: In function ‘Device_init’:
/mnt/installs/iomari/work/calibre-0.8.68/src/calibre/devices/mtp/unix/libmtp.c:218:13: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘LIBMTP_Open_Raw_Device_Uncached’
/mnt/installs/iomari/work/calibre-0.8.68/src/calibre/devices/mtp/unix/libmtp.c:218:17: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
/mnt/installs/iomari/work/calibre-0.8.68/src/calibre/devices/mtp/unix/libmtp.c: In function ‘recursive_get_files’:
/mnt/installs/iomari/work/calibre-0.8.68/src/calibre/devices/mtp/unix/libmtp.c:366:5: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘LIBMTP_Get_Files_And_Folders’
/mnt/installs/iomari/work/calibre-0.8.68/src/calibre/devices/mtp/unix/libmtp.c:366:11: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
/mnt/installs/iomari/work/calibre-0.8.68/src/calibre/devices/mtp/unix/libmtp.c:379:34: error: ‘LIBMTP_FILETYPE_FOLDER’ undeclared (first use in this function)
Error while executing: gcc -O3 -Wall -DNDEBUG -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -fPIC -pthread -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c /mnt/installs/iomari/work/calibre-0.8.68/src/calibre/devices/mtp/unix/libmtp.c -o /mnt/installs/iomari/work/calibre-0.8.68/build/objects/libmtp/libmtp.o

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./setup.py", line 99, in <module>
sys.exit(main())
File "./setup.py", line 85, in main
command.run_all(opts)
File "/mnt/installs/iomari/work/calibre-0.8.68/setup/__init__.py", line 163, in run_all
self.run_cmd(self, opts)
File "/mnt/installs/iomari/work/calibre-0.8.68/setup/__init__.py", line 156, in run_cmd
self.run_cmd(scmd, opts)
File "/mnt/installs/iomari/work/calibre-0.8.68/setup/__init__.py", line 159, in run_cmd
cmd.run(opts)
File "/mnt/installs/iomari/work/calibre-0.8.68/setup/extensions.py", line 331, in run
self.build(ext, dest)
File "/mnt/installs/iomari/work/calibre-0.8.68/setup/extensions.py", line 372, in build
self.check_call(cmd)
File "/mnt/installs/iomari/work/calibre-0.8.68/setup/extensions.py", line 406, in check_call
subprocess.check_call(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 511, in check_call
raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['gcc', '-O3', '-Wall', '-DNDEBUG', '-fno-strict-aliasing', '-pipe', '-fPIC', '-pthread', '-I/usr/include/python2.7', '-c', '/mnt/installs/iomari/work/calibre-0.8.68/src/calibre/devices/mtp/unix/libmtp.c', '-o', '/mnt/installs/iomari/work/calibre-0.8.68/build/objects/libmtp/libmtp.o']' returned non-zero exit status 1
iomari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:52 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Update your version of libmtp
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:03 AM   #3
iomari
Zealot

Thanks for the reply. I tried to update my libmtp and got the following:

> zypper in *libmtp*
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
'libmtp8' providing '*libmtp*' is already installed.
No update candidate for 'libmtp8-1.0.6-10.1.i586'. The highest available version is already installed.
'libmtp-devel' providing '*libmtp*' is already installed.
No update candidate for 'libmtp-devel-1.0.6-10.1.i586'. The highest available version is already installed.
Resolving package dependencies...

Nothing to do
Old 09-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Then you need ot upgrade your distro or install libmtp from source.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:19 AM   #5
iomari
Zealot

ok thanks
Old 09-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #6
iomari
Zealot

Thanks, I compiled libmtp and then calibre and it went well execpt when I run the app I get a dialog box with the following: Though when I close the error box the app seems to work fine.

calibre, version 0.8.68
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ImportError</b>:No module named netifaces

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/mnt/installs/iomari/work/calibre-0.8.68/src/calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 397, in start_smartdevice
self.iactions['Connect Share'].set_smartdevice_action_state()
File "/mnt/installs/iomari/work/calibre-0.8.68/src/calibre/gui2/actions/device.py", line 248, in set_smartdevice_action_state
all_ips = get_all_ip_addresses()
File "/mnt/installs/iomari/work/calibre-0.8.68/src/calibre/gui2/dialogs/smartdevice.py", line 31, in get_all_ip_addresses
for iface in get_all_ips().itervalues():
File "/mnt/installs/iomari/work/calibre-0.8.68/src/calibre/utils/mdns.py", line 15, in get_all_ips
import netifaces
ImportError: No module named netifaces
Old 09-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You need to install netifaces
Old 09-12-2012, 05:27 PM   #8
iomari
Zealot

thanks again